GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what is the point in living?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/03/05 at 16:16
"'oh I do say!'"
you just die anyway??????
Sat 28/05/05 at 16:26
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
Yeah I agree,I would say its harder to prove god thand to disprove him. God is just Another way of saying "I dunno". Whats the creator of all, God. heh
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:56
Regular
"bot"
Hedfix wrote:
> Why does everything ever HAVE to be affected by time eh?

if God can 'just exist', so can the universe.
Trying to prove/disprove either is pointless.
Sat 28/05/05 at 11:26
Regular
"8==="
lcarus wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Just to clear this up: was that directed at me Icarus? :S
>
> Not personally, no.

Becuz I wz rlie finkin' 'ard. ;)
Sat 28/05/05 at 11:25
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
Omg, Thats like saying whats the point in eating the foods gone anyway. Whats the point in money its just paper, it wants the point in humour it just makes you laugh.

Whats the point in this post? Nothing, nothing at all. :)
Sat 28/05/05 at 10:47
Hedfix wrote:
> Just to clear this up: was that directed at me Icarus? :S

Not personally, no.
Sat 28/05/05 at 08:46
Regular
"8==="
Just to clear this up: was that directed at me Icarus? :S
Sat 28/05/05 at 07:57
That's an excellent summary. It's basically a case of "waa waa waa, I'm too introverted to do this or that so I'll stay here and think up some "deep", meaningful questions so I appear to have years of experience behind me."
Sat 28/05/05 at 07:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sculpture, fossils and the Giant's Causeway (I used to fish in the sea pools there as a kid when I lived in Bushmills) are just rocks that have changed shape due to artistic/natural/geological processes. Just because man ascribes a meaning to a piece of rock (Hey, I made this rock into the shape of Jesus's big left toe ain't that cool?) doesn't necessarily mean that the rock itself has to have a meaning. It's just there. And like anything else it's just a bunch of atoms loosely held together by atomic forces.

Try and think about it this way:

Thought processes are basically just a bunch of very quick bio-chemical reactions taking place in our brains. Humans have got so good at this thinking thing that they've started to form questions about things they don't yet understand.

This is applicable to all ages but it's especially annoying in teenagers because they think that because the question exists it must be answerable and that whole 'teen angst' thing sets in where they won't be satisfied or know themselves until they get an answer.

So they'll continue to ask the same pigging question over and over and over on various message boards and forums and because they never read the whole thread, nor can they take time out from their slothful existences to pick up a book on philosophy and try to work it out for themselves, nor do they ever realise that it's an unanswerable question and so the question keeps popping up, nor can they yet call themselves 'unique human beings' because in trying to be unique by asking 'deep and meaningful questions' they're just emulating what thousands of millions of generations of teenagers have been doing for the last couple of thousand years in an effort to get laid, which, lets face it, is what 99.99% of teenagers think about trying to do 99.99% of the time. Which is why one day they'll ask "What is the point of living?" and the next minute they'll start a thread on, I dunno, "Wat is ur favourite album and if it's the same as mine can I have your MSN so we can hook up and get laid" type of thing.

Fortunately the rate of bio-chemical reaction in rocks is a lot slower, which is why you don't get rocks posting on here asking "What is the point in living?"
Sat 28/05/05 at 07:34
Regular
"8==="
The evolutionists went wrong when they said it wasn't ok to mug people and steal things that they own.

Although we do have the stockmarket...
Sat 28/05/05 at 07:32
Regular
"8==="
English_Bloke wrote:
> Displayed wrote:
> RoJ wrote:
> But God doesn't exist.
>
> or does he? if he does what came before him?
>
> His Dad must have. Hur-hur.

No no NO!

You're thinking involves the concept of time.

Why does everything ever HAVE to be affected by time eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.