GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uploading PHP files"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/03/05 at 21:13
"Dark FX"
Right. I have spent hours trying to learn PHP, but mainly installing it. Is there any way that i can upload it to the internet considering my ISP is BT. If so, how? or what should i do? Thank you. Sorry to be an annoyance >.<
Thu 10/03/05 at 18:34
Regular
"NULL"
OK, two things:

1) This may be a really stupid question, but just to check, do you have a firewall on the server machine. If yes, try disabling it to make sure it's not the firewall causing the problem.

2) What happens if you type in the local IP address of you server machine on one of your other networked PCs? eg. http://192.168.0.xxx/

Try those and let us know.
Thu 10/03/05 at 18:32
"Dark FX"
I'm pretty sure it is configured to point directly towards my IP. Also, I'm quite low-skilled on computers in general and so i really don't want to bodge anything up, especially seeing as my Dad has put hours into networking the 6 computers, etc.
Thu 10/03/05 at 18:22
Regular
"NULL"
That suggests it is NAT, so in your router config you need to make sure that port 80 (external) is pointed towards whichever of those internal IP addresses you just posted corresponds to your server machine on port 80.

Also, it may be wise to disable DHCP and manually configure the internal IP addresses, since otherwise there is no way of guaranteeing that your server PC will have the same IP address each time you turn it on, and therefore you way to guarantee that port 80 requests to the router will always be forwarded to your server machine.
Thu 10/03/05 at 18:19
"Dark FX"
Nimco wrote:
> There should be a setting in the router config somewhere.
>
> If it's NAT, then you need the port forwarding, if not, your PC will
> have it's own IP address.
>
> Try running ipconfig from a command prompt on your PC. See what that
> returns. Also, do you have DHCP enabled? Again, this will be found in
> your router config.

well.... i found this section so I'm guessing DHCP is enabled

DHCP Clients
MAC Address IP Address Host Name
00:a0:cc:df:xx:xx 192.168.1.4 CHRISSLAPTOP
00:80:5f:31:xx:xx 192.168.1.7 chrisroom
00:30:bd:24:xx:xx 192.168.1.8 si

As for the 'NAT' i'm not entirely sure unless the above ^ suggests it's either NAT or no-NAT
Thu 10/03/05 at 17:59
Regular
"NULL"
There should be a setting in the router config somewhere.

If it's NAT, then you need the port forwarding, if not, your PC will have it's own IP address.

Try running ipconfig from a command prompt on your PC. See what that returns. Also, do you have DHCP enabled? Again, this will be found in your router config.
Thu 10/03/05 at 17:41
"Dark FX"
Yeah i'm sure it's the right address.

Nimco wrote:
> Is the router configured for NAT or no-NAT?

How can i check?
Thu 10/03/05 at 17:37
Regular
"NULL"
Is the router configured for NAT or no-NAT?
Thu 10/03/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Unretired"
Hmm, well I don't see what the problem is - especially if http://localhost/ works.

Are you sure your using the right address?
Don't add any port numbers, just use your ip - http://your.ip.no/ since the server is using port 80.
Thu 10/03/05 at 16:32
"Dark FX"
I asked a 'computer whiz' from my school and he says that my port 80 is open. Is that any help to anybody?
Thu 10/03/05 at 13:38
Regular
"Unretired"
I doubt it's the ISP. I use BT and people can view my site.

So I'm guessing it's still a router problem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.