GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uploading PHP files"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/03/05 at 21:13
"Dark FX"
Right. I have spent hours trying to learn PHP, but mainly installing it. Is there any way that i can upload it to the internet considering my ISP is BT. If so, how? or what should i do? Thank you. Sorry to be an annoyance >.<
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:46
"Dark FX"
There are no firewalls from what i can see on my programs lists
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:43
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Ok, so do you have a firewall installed on your machine? This might be a program like zone alarm or if you're running XP you might have the built firewall turned on.
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:34
"Dark FX"
oh right. Well when I enter my local IP address. I get "This Page Cannot Be Displayed"
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> Which IP should i be entering as the url?

Well according to what you posted below from the DHCP, you should be entering http://192.168.1.7 (I'm assuming the machine called chrisroom is the one that has apache installed on it). You can double check that ip address by typing ipconfig from a command prompt (as Nimco already suggested), that'll tell you your machine's local ip address.
If typing your machine's IP address really brings up the router config, then I'd suggest theres something wrong with the port forwarding.
Thu 10/03/05 at 20:55
"Dark FX"
Which IP should i be entering as the url?
Thu 10/03/05 at 20:01
"Dark FX"
Nimco wrote:
> Just checking, you do have a router and not an ADSL modem don't you? I
> mean, the router is just a box into which ALL the computers are
> plugged via ethernet cable or connected to wirelessly?
>
> If you definitely have a router, then you are indeed typing in the
> wrong IP address, or you've setup the router wrong.

Ah, that's probably what I'm doing wrong
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:59
Regular
"NULL"
Just checking, you do have a router and not an ADSL modem don't you? I mean, the router is just a box into which ALL the computers are plugged via ethernet cable or connected to wirelessly?

If you definitely have a router, then you are indeed typing in the wrong IP address, or you've setup the router wrong.
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:59
"Dark FX"
wouldn't surprise me. Is it the DHCP server or the IP address?
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
Think ya got the wrong IP there...
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:27
"Dark FX"
Nimco wrote:
> 2) What happens if you type in the local IP address of you server
> machine on one of your other networked PCs? eg.
> http://192.168.0.xxx/

When i typed in the local IP on my laptop, i just get the router configuration screen. I haven't got round to testing the firewall yet. I need to ask my Dad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.