GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Joey"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/02/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
What did everyone think of Joey then?

I actually liked it, i didnt think i would after all the bad stuff i heard about it but i am definately going to watch it again next sunday.
Tue 15/02/05 at 17:17
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
The only error i have ever noticed in friends is when Rachel and Ross were arguing and CHandler comes out from behind the door sayin 'I Knew It', whereas before he was just standing next to the kitchen

Other than that i have never noticed any other errors
Tue 15/02/05 at 17:11
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
The Hibernator wrote:
> I liked Joey - only thing that can ruin it now is a visit from Janice.

I was thinking that she may be the 'Solid 5' that he got the number of in the bar...hope not though
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:41
Regular
In America, the ratings have been absolutely bombing, so it may not get a second season.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I personally hated it.

Joey needs the other friends to carry him off.. Like Chandler for example.

Will never watch it again. Personally i hope it doesnt go in to another series..
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:06
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Tomoose wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> Canned laughter sucks.
>
>
> If you've ever seen any of the 'making of' things that have been on
> TV, Friends and no doubt Joey are filmed before a live studio
> audience, and most of the time they have to remove laughing, cus its
> too loud for that particular moment. Canned laugher is used to
> replace it, and I have no doubt that canned laughter is used in other
> situations, but it hardly ruined the show.

Chandler and Joey were the saving graces of Friends.
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:05
Regular
"The Red Shift"
rah wrote:
> Yeah, I was going to say the same.
>
> The vast majority of mainstream American sitcoms like Friends, Will
> and Grace etc only use canned laughter to replace laughter where it's
> too loud and stuff.

I seem to find that hilarious. When people actually find one of the writer's "brainwaves" funny, they have to put fake laughter in?

Also, the repetition of the exact same laughter over and over again grates my teeth. Some producers seem to use the same 4 second canned laughter strip over and over and over again.
Tue 15/02/05 at 14:55
Regular
Yeah, I was going to say the same.

The vast majority of mainstream American sitcoms like Friends, Will and Grace etc only use canned laughter to replace laughter where it's too loud and stuff.
Tue 15/02/05 at 14:52
Regular
"the burning sky"
Clazon wrote:
> Canned laughter sucks.

If you've ever seen any of the 'making of' things that have been on TV, Friends and no doubt Joey are filmed before a live studio audience, and most of the time they have to remove laughing, cus its too loud for that particular moment. Canned laugher is used to replace it, and I have no doubt that canned laughter is used in other situations, but it hardly ruined the show.
Tue 15/02/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I love FRIENDS and am somewhat of a geek when it comes to it

I see Joey lasting about 2 seasons. It was ok but not great. I've only seen the first episode though.
Tue 15/02/05 at 14:37
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Thank god, this has jokes in, unlike the majority of Friends which went roughly like this:

*turns on light*
"Hi"
*audience fall over themselves laughing, howling and screaming*

Canned laughter sucks.

Joey = Meh = slightly above average and watchable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.