GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS launch looking a bit on the cack side?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/02/05 at 18:21
Regular
Just had a ganda at the list and it's a bit....rubbish really

Wario Ware, Mario 64 and then a load of filler crap are hardly gonna get the hardware flying off the shelves. Judging by the release schedule as well, there won't be any decent games out for a while afterwards either.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pi** on fire to put any of the PSP software out. But MGS and all the other *cool* games are surely gonna tempt the public more than Pokemon dash?

Please tell me I'm wrong and GAME release list is a load of ass.
Wed 09/02/05 at 22:27
Regular
"8==="
Rickoss wrote:
> Dringo = would bum-love anything with a Nintendo logo on it. :P

True.

and the turn-around on Konga is just pathetic.
Wed 09/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"\\"
Rickoss wrote:
> Dringo = would bum-love anything with a Nintendo logo on it. :P

Me = Just snorted....

:(
Wed 09/02/05 at 22:00
Regular
Dringo = would bum-love anything with a Nintendo logo on it. :P
Wed 09/02/05 at 15:12
Regular
Four Swords = great in single player
Rickoss = fool
Wed 09/02/05 at 11:41
Regular
Mr Driller is amazing, spermhead.

As for Zelda: Four Swords, yes Four Swords is very nice when played properly, but 1-player is awful. The last thing the DS needs is another multiplayer-centric title (FF:CC, Metroid, Mario Kart etc), the only none-arcadey title released so far is Mario 64, which as epic and brilliant as it might be, is essentially a port with knobs on, and not as enjoyable as the original.

The DS is perfect for Wario Ware-style arcade cheap thrills due to the functions it has, but it needs to some epic RPG's, a proper Zelda adventure, a proper Metroid title (not Prime), the only upcoming title that looks like it could prove to be mindblowing and long-lasting in 1-player is the new Mario Bros. title, and what do we know about that? You can go big and flatten thangs with your big fat plumber ass. Geeeereat (no, really).

Like I've said before, they need proper innovation that will translate to the two-screens/touch-screen, and will actually provide a new way to play. Half Ocarina of Time/Link to the Past using one screen 2D and one 3D could be good (think I've said before), so multiple perspectives could actually be put to good use. A game like Geist could probably work well on a console like this too. At the moment it just looks like another rubbish arcade console. Okay, it has good arcade titles, but none of them will last longer than 2 seconds, just one big load of cheap thrills.

Although you can draw pictures of willy's and send them to random people on PictoChat if you're on the train.
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:20
Regular
"8==="
I wonder if the GB player had much impact? I'm not very keen on handhelds but I'm interested to give an early Pokemon game a go on a GB player.
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Touched!"
Dringo wrote:
> That's very true, when is Yoshi's Touch and Go due?

14 march I think in the US and god knows over here..looks good though.
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:04
Regular
That's true, the DS has had a 5 month head start in the US though.

And surprisingly, although it has sold nearly 2 million, the GBA SP has outsold it since it was launched in November!

The GBA SP also enjoyed it's best Christmas to date in Europe thanks to 3 special edition systems, the launch of 2 mario games, a Zelda game and remakes of the original Pokemon titles. The NES classics in January also helped.

Maybe I was right and the GBA SP will win the war :D
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:00
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Those numbers are certainly looking good for Nintendo and along with the Advance's high numbers too they can't complain.

However, the battle isn't really on until we see a release in the USA and Europe though for the PSP and a European release for the DS. Americans and Europeans have a totally different taste and the whole tables could turn in PSPs favour.
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:00
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> So the ones in normal brackets are monthly sales then?

Figure 1: This week
Figure 2: This year
Figure 3: Since launch

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.