GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS launch looking a bit on the cack side?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/02/05 at 18:21
Regular
Just had a ganda at the list and it's a bit....rubbish really

Wario Ware, Mario 64 and then a load of filler crap are hardly gonna get the hardware flying off the shelves. Judging by the release schedule as well, there won't be any decent games out for a while afterwards either.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pi** on fire to put any of the PSP software out. But MGS and all the other *cool* games are surely gonna tempt the public more than Pokemon dash?

Please tell me I'm wrong and GAME release list is a load of ass.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:21
Regular
Just had a ganda at the list and it's a bit....rubbish really

Wario Ware, Mario 64 and then a load of filler crap are hardly gonna get the hardware flying off the shelves. Judging by the release schedule as well, there won't be any decent games out for a while afterwards either.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pi** on fire to put any of the PSP software out. But MGS and all the other *cool* games are surely gonna tempt the public more than Pokemon dash?

Please tell me I'm wrong and GAME release list is a load of ass.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:23
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
you're right.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:46
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
It was a rush job to get the console out before the PSP so there were never gonna be any good launch games. No-ones had time to make any!
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:48
Regular
I agree, the line-up is a bit toss.

The PSP one does look much better, but still nothing to shout about.

I won't be abandoning the DS just yet.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It does look Decidedly Shaky.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I agree, the DS launch list is uninspiring. PSP one isn't exactly great, but it'll get better the further the UK release date is pushed back.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:53
Regular
yeah I can see the UK PSP launch being pushed back at least once more.

Which is a good thing for those patient enough to wait. Could well get GT4 and GTA as Launch titles...
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, but to be honest I don't mind - if you're planning to get certain games anyway, it doesn't really matter if they're launch or not. In fact, if the launch were earlier it would give people more time to earn money to afford the second wave. But that's assuming they'd spend money on other things if the PSP wasn't released, which they might not. Ho hum.
Tue 08/02/05 at 19:28
Regular
Yeah, the launch line-up is a bit crap, my DS hasn't seen the light of day for some time, but there are some killer titles just around the corner.

Gah, why can't Mario 64 DS be un-crap-controller-fied?
Tue 08/02/05 at 19:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm not looking forward to the launch as much as I would if there was a top quality game like Mario Kart or maybe some kind of Zelda title ready for release. Mario 64 is ok, but I've got it on the N64 so I'm hardly expecting anything incredible.

I'll probably still get a DS on the release date, but Wario Ware and Mario 64 DS will probably be the only games worth buying at that time. Maybe Madden, but probably not seeing as I've seen average reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.