GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rome Total War"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rome Total War'.
Tue 30/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Simple question. Any good? I'm looking for a game that is likely to make me want to play it more then once.

I'm interested in this and Full Spectrum Warrior.

Anyone played these games?
Sun 12/12/04 at 18:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've just got the Spanish capital to take over before they're eliminated. After that I'll move onto Britain.

Also, I've started spawning a lot more Governors, so I can manually control pretty much all of my towns, which is good, as I hate it when they're automanaged.
Sun 12/12/04 at 15:28
Regular
Haven't had much time to play it recently, but I'm just about to seize control of the last remaining city of the Britons.
Sun 12/12/04 at 13:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wish I could play it.
Sun 12/12/04 at 12:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I just went in there with craploads of men and seiged my way to victory while the Briton king and 2,000 of his men lay stranded in Calais.
Sat 11/12/04 at 14:16
Regular
"We are the dead"
I despised the chariots.

When I was attacking Britain - and I've told numerous people of this glorious plan already - I captured the settlement in Ireland, then just blockaded the ports all around Britain as I built up a force in Ireland.

Then just kept sending out minor forces to gradually weaken the Britons, who didn't have any other settlements.

I felt moist throughout.
Sat 11/12/04 at 14:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Damn missile chariots were the bane of my europe conquering life, until I wiped out every race and then marched on Rome with 8,000 men. You can call me emperor gerrid.
Wed 08/12/04 at 18:22
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Heavy cavalry chariots are a right pain though.
Wed 08/12/04 at 14:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Britons are barbarians, as are much of the surrounding nations. It doesn't matter whether they are Gaul, Spanish, German or British, non are much cop against the full force of the Roman empire, which equals to plenty of easy expansionh for anyone playing as the Juli.

The real challange comes from the East.
Wed 08/12/04 at 14:06
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Actually, if there's one race in that game that rolled over and played dead when faced by the Roman army it was the Britons...
Tue 07/12/04 at 22:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
VenomByte wrote:
> I wiped out the gauls in about 15 years.
>
> But then, the french never really put up much of a fight do they? ;)

They do try though, those Gauls. I remember facing off against upwards of 1000 of them once, I slaughtered almost eveyone of them while sustaining light casualties.

That's what you get when you stupidly decide to siege and wait for three seperate battering rams to breach a section of wall, my towers and missile units killed dozens before the battle had even started.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.