GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rome Total War"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rome Total War'.
Tue 30/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Simple question. Any good? I'm looking for a game that is likely to make me want to play it more then once.

I'm interested in this and Full Spectrum Warrior.

Anyone played these games?
Sun 19/12/04 at 02:17
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I'll play as the Seleucid Empire, because I
> like their sign.

That was my thinking too.

Unfortunatly I haven't even managed to come across a single one of them in my game so far, and I've explored nearly all of the map. They must be in the top right corner, yes?
Sat 18/12/04 at 13:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Seleucid Empire have elephants! And Cataphracts! And Legionaries! And stupid "Tayek up yower sword end sheyeld" voices.
Tue 14/12/04 at 14:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Right, I'm going to buy a new graphic card.
Tue 14/12/04 at 10:12
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I found a quite useful way of prolonging your usefulness to the Senate is to conquer at least one territory in one of the other families' spheres of influence. As well as the standard Gaul/Spain/Germany annexations, I've taken Dacia, Illyricum, all of Egypt, and Carthage. It spreads your resources a bit thin for a few turns, but thus far it's meant that the senate keep asking me to take territories that the other families lose to rebellion.
Mon 13/12/04 at 22:08
Regular
"We are the dead"
I'm going to play as Egypt so that the Gods I worship can be the Goa'uld.
Mon 13/12/04 at 21:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I slaughtered those Roman senators before they even got a chance to do anything like that. It seemed like a good move at the time, but what I've realised now is that I've lost all the money that the senate used to redistribute to me, so I'm in all kinds of debt. I see a lot of big battles which will cut down on my massive armies (around 40,000 men or something ridiculous). When I finish it (only about 8 more provinces to go) I'l lplay as the Seleucid Empire, because I like their sign.
Mon 13/12/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Bicycle"
Once ya start being asked to kill your Leaders, I think it may be a sign that they are afraid.

Go kill Rome.

"We came, we saw, we conquered."
Mon 13/12/04 at 16:51
Regular
"That's right!"
I've chinned pretty much everyone in Europe, in fact pretty much everyone on the map (only Egypt, Greece and one or two others to the extreme east are left) but I've got no money, stupidly large armies I can't move around very well, and the senate keeps making me kill my faction leaders (no joke, I've run through about ten who's all been asked to commit suicide)

Should I finish the job and invade everyone else, or go to war with those damn fools in Rome now?
Sun 12/12/04 at 19:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I went back to it today, picked up my campaign where I left off. It was long, and hard fought, but I finally captured the two remaining settlements in Spain, now leaving me with the whole of Spain and France under my control. The Carthaginians where defeated, and the Spanish have only one settlement to the South, surrounded by their other enemies, also my allies.

I’m rich, have powerful armies, and have defeated the only real threat to my empire. Now to sort out my troops, as I currently have far too many. After that I’ll probably turn my attentions to the Britons who’ve got a fairly large foothold in northern Europe, though the Egyptians are edging their way west so I think I’ll have to keep my eye on them as well given they are my only real equal.
Sun 12/12/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Bicycle"
Still battling the Gauls.

Having fun tho'.

Yay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.