GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First gig last night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Went really well, wasn't nervous, and even ad-libbed on loads of bits. Was a Christmas/New Year/Leaving party for the singer's work. Did loads of 60's and 70's rock songs, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves which is the important thing. Guitarist made a few fluffs, but I think he'd had a bit to drink to calm his nerves. Drummer was amazing, never seen him play as confidently as that. Every beat was perfect, considering he hits his hi-hat thousands of times, and makes loads of rolls, he didn't even drop at all. I didn't make any mistakes either, but I only played bass as a favour (even though I added my own little tricks to songs). Good night, good atmosphere, good songs, good company - can't ask for more really. We ro>
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
mattributé wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> heavens door.. the original or the Gn'R version wuith the snazzy
> guitar parts? :)
>
> ahahaha.
>
> I hope you're joking.

nuts to you mate, i liked 'em :P
then again, i'm biased as it was one of the first things i learnt to play so i got a soft spot for it.
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:40
Regular
"8==="
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You talking about Layla now? We didn't even play that...
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:18
Regular
"8==="
Clapton because G n'R made it sound good. :P
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I know you're talking about one song, but I'm saying that the original will be inspired by a personal moment, whereas the cover will be because it's a good song. Who owes who due?
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:14
Regular
"8==="
I was talking about ONE SONG.

and there's plenty of better covers: Manson's tainted love's much better than the crappy old soft cell one (is that even the original I'm not that up on pop).

As for 'logistically impossible': whatever. :S

I seem to have hit a nerve by offering up an opinion, not my problem chum.
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Well I'm sorry, it wasn't a Hedfix benefit gig. No cover has ever surpassed the original, it's logostically impossible. Also GnR will never be as good as Bob Dylan. Even if they played all his songs with wanky solos. Fact.
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
I'm talking about the cover.

Otherwise I really haven't heard enough. Layla's an average song and the album that was on bored me apart from the song about taking women up the bum which just sounded plain wrong.

Also the Stones suck as do Pink Floyd. I'd rather listen to The Beatles, Genesis, The Who and Ozric Tentacles and that's just for starters.
Sun 09/01/05 at 23:40
Regular
"tokyo police club"
He's clearly never heard subterreanean homsick blues.

Forgive him.
Sun 09/01/05 at 23:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
ER...GnR eclipsing Bob Dylan...are you quite mad?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.