GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First gig last night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Went really well, wasn't nervous, and even ad-libbed on loads of bits. Was a Christmas/New Year/Leaving party for the singer's work. Did loads of 60's and 70's rock songs, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves which is the important thing. Guitarist made a few fluffs, but I think he'd had a bit to drink to calm his nerves. Drummer was amazing, never seen him play as confidently as that. Every beat was perfect, considering he hits his hi-hat thousands of times, and makes loads of rolls, he didn't even drop at all. I didn't make any mistakes either, but I only played bass as a favour (even though I added my own little tricks to songs). Good night, good atmosphere, good songs, good company - can't ask for more really. We ro>
Mon 10/01/05 at 10:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Coin wrote:

> Take Under The Bridge for example... The Chili Peppers version
> is much better than the 'All Saints' version, and the other one...

*shudder*
the less said about the all saints version the better.
it was just... horrible.
Mon 10/01/05 at 09:55
Regular
"Bicycle"
Always prefer the original.

Take Under The Bridge for example... The Chili Peppers version is much better than the 'All Saints' version, and the other one...

Meh.

I guess it depends on the band that performs the cover; I still like Guns and Roses version of Knocking on Heavens Door over Dylans...
Mon 10/01/05 at 09:13
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Hedfix wrote:

> The fact that it was constantly up for selection and being selected
> on Kerrang for about 13 months in a row doesn't hurt it either.

touche :)
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:30
Regular
"8==="
I'll go with the one that sounds better to me.

A proper (and sometimes in-depth) re-interpretation can be excellent, no matter what technology was used.
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
With that sort of thing I prefer the original artists who played their own synths, sang without electronic correction, and were passionate, rather than someone being in a studio for 10 minutes overdubbing a Cubase reworking or a classic pop tune.
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:08
Regular
"8==="
Very_Metal wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> and there's plenty of better covers: Manson's tainted love's much
> better than the crappy old soft cell one
>
> that statement was brimming over with wrong-ness.
> a better statement would've been "tainted Love is cack, no
> matter who sings it"

I like the sort of industrial bass in the background and the interesting TS-404 sounding electronic 'blips'.

Certainly better than the other two.

The fact that it was constantly up for selection and being selected on Kerrang for about 13 months in a row doesn't hurt it either.
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:06
Regular
"8==="
monkey_man wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> ....
>
> Got my wires crossedbecause someone mentioned Layla earlier, for no
> reason whatsoever, and I thought you were the one confused...

No I mentioned Layla because I was summing up my limited experience of Clapton because you seemed to think I was rubbishing his entire work when I was commenting on one song. As it is I don't like the Clapton that I've heard.
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hedfix wrote:
> ....

Got my wires crossedbecause someone mentioned Layla earlier, for no reason whatsoever, and I thought you were the one confused...
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
*lame double post*
Mon 10/01/05 at 00:52
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Hedfix wrote:
> and there's plenty of better covers: Manson's tainted love's much
> better than the crappy old soft cell one

that statement was brimming over with wrong-ness.
a better statement would've been "tainted Love is cack, no matter who sings it"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.