GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First gig last night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Went really well, wasn't nervous, and even ad-libbed on loads of bits. Was a Christmas/New Year/Leaving party for the singer's work. Did loads of 60's and 70's rock songs, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves which is the important thing. Guitarist made a few fluffs, but I think he'd had a bit to drink to calm his nerves. Drummer was amazing, never seen him play as confidently as that. Every beat was perfect, considering he hits his hi-hat thousands of times, and makes loads of rolls, he didn't even drop at all. I didn't make any mistakes either, but I only played bass as a favour (even though I added my own little tricks to songs). Good night, good atmosphere, good songs, good company - can't ask for more really. We ro>
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Went really well, wasn't nervous, and even ad-libbed on loads of bits. Was a Christmas/New Year/Leaving party for the singer's work. Did loads of 60's and 70's rock songs, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves which is the important thing. Guitarist made a few fluffs, but I think he'd had a bit to drink to calm his nerves. Drummer was amazing, never seen him play as confidently as that. Every beat was perfect, considering he hits his hi-hat thousands of times, and makes loads of rolls, he didn't even drop at all. I didn't make any mistakes either, but I only played bass as a favour (even though I added my own little tricks to songs). Good night, good atmosphere, good songs, good company - can't ask for more really. We ro>
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh, and here's the setlist:

Teenage Kicks
All Along the Watchtower
Just Looking
Knocking On Heavens Door
Daytripper
Brown Sugar
Paranoid
Heart-Shaped Box
Creep
Behind Blue Eyes
Whiskey In the Jar
Jailbreak
Whole Lotta Love
Vertigo

Only song I wasn't comfortable with was the Nirvana one - could have picked a better song, but it went down well considering how miserable it is.
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Vertigo by whom?

U2, I presume, but pray let it be The Libertines.
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Nah, U2 one. The singer is a bit of a U2 nut, although they're not to my tatse. Quite good song though.
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:33
Regular
"Catch it!"
Who sings all along the watchtower?
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Steve. I played bass.
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:43
Regular
"Catch it!"
crossbob wrote:
> Who sings all along the watchtower?
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:47
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Well done...

I remember my mate's first gig, and I headbanged!
Sun 09/01/05 at 15:13
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Whiskey in the Jar + Heart-Shaped Box = class
Sun 09/01/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
crossbob wrote:
> crossbob wrote:
> Who sings all along the watchtower?

Steve.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.