GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donate some money to charity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Go on. There's over 20,000 people been killed in Asia by that earthquake, the death toll will probably rise to twice that, and there'll be over a million people homeless when the tides have calmed down. A million people homeless. The UN reckon it'll cost in the billions to recover from this tragedy.

So what are you going to do today? Are you going to sit on your backside playing your PS2 or Xbox, complaining that you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? Are you going to go and spend money you didn't earn on DVDs, CDs and games in the January sales?

Why not give a little bit of money to something that matters, it'll make you feel better. £10, £20, whatever you can afford. Don't just ignore this thing, they need all the help they can get.

20,000 people dead.
A million people homeless.
[URL]http://www.oxfam.co.uk/what_you_can_do/give_to_oxfam/donate/asiaquake1204.htm[/URL]

I'm fully aware this is very preachy and I don't normally do this kind of thing, but a million people homeless? Ignoring it would be criminal, right?
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
monkey_man wrote:
> It's odd, because it's not immediately obvious how people died. Not a
> comparison, but the World Trade Centre thingy had planes and
> explosions, Beslan had guns and explosions...this was an earthquake
> and some water - how devastating can that be!?
---

Tsunami.
It's not a couple of waves lapping a beach, it's a wall of water hitting without warning that snatches people from the beach and roads.
A report showed how the water level rose to the 2nd floor of a coastal hotel.
"how devastating can that be?"

Sri Lanka: 18,706 dead
Indonesia: 27,174 dead
India: 4,371 dead
Thailand: 1,400 dead
Maldives: 52 dead
Malaysia: 44 dead
Burma: 30 dead
Bangladesh: 2 dead
Somalia: 100 dead
Kenya: 1 dead
Seychelles: 3 dead
Tanzania: 10 dead
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's odd, because it's not immediately obvious how people died. Not a comparison, but the World Trade Centre thingy had planes and explosions, Beslan had guns and explosions...this was an earthquake and some water - how devastating can that be!? Now they'll get disease over there too, that's gonna be a b*stard to cope with, and I doubt the tourist industry will recover from this for at least a decade.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I can't get my head around the scale of this thing, it's absolutely incredible.
Got no flippant remarks, no sarcasm, no satire.
Tue 28/12/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I already give money to Oxfam every month but I gave an extra tenner, to ease my middle class conscience.
Tue 28/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
Was gonna buy a new PS2 pad but i guess they need it more! I'll just make do with my dodgy analogue stick.
Tue 28/12/04 at 12:45
Regular
I read on the teletext earlier that it'd risen to an estimated 40,000. Christ...
Tue 28/12/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Already done it, but I'm not telling you how much ...

EDIT: ... and I gave to The British Red Cross, not Oxfam.
Tue 28/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Go on. There's over 20,000 people been killed in Asia by that earthquake, the death toll will probably rise to twice that, and there'll be over a million people homeless when the tides have calmed down. A million people homeless. The UN reckon it'll cost in the billions to recover from this tragedy.

So what are you going to do today? Are you going to sit on your backside playing your PS2 or Xbox, complaining that you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? Are you going to go and spend money you didn't earn on DVDs, CDs and games in the January sales?

Why not give a little bit of money to something that matters, it'll make you feel better. £10, £20, whatever you can afford. Don't just ignore this thing, they need all the help they can get.

20,000 people dead.
A million people homeless.
[URL]http://www.oxfam.co.uk/what_you_can_do/give_to_oxfam/donate/asiaquake1204.htm[/URL]

I'm fully aware this is very preachy and I don't normally do this kind of thing, but a million people homeless? Ignoring it would be criminal, right?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.