GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donate some money to charity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Go on. There's over 20,000 people been killed in Asia by that earthquake, the death toll will probably rise to twice that, and there'll be over a million people homeless when the tides have calmed down. A million people homeless. The UN reckon it'll cost in the billions to recover from this tragedy.

So what are you going to do today? Are you going to sit on your backside playing your PS2 or Xbox, complaining that you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? Are you going to go and spend money you didn't earn on DVDs, CDs and games in the January sales?

Why not give a little bit of money to something that matters, it'll make you feel better. £10, £20, whatever you can afford. Don't just ignore this thing, they need all the help they can get.

20,000 people dead.
A million people homeless.
[URL]http://www.oxfam.co.uk/what_you_can_do/give_to_oxfam/donate/asiaquake1204.htm[/URL]

I'm fully aware this is very preachy and I don't normally do this kind of thing, but a million people homeless? Ignoring it would be criminal, right?
Sun 02/01/05 at 14:45
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Whatever you donate, just do something. Quite how people can sit watching the news of all this destruction and death and not want to do something about it I'll never know. However, it's been quite heartening to see the general public's response to this, it seems we're not as heartless a country as I thought.

I'll probably give a bit more when I get my loan through, I'll only spend it on booze or food or something.
Sun 02/01/05 at 12:22
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm donating 30/40 quid today. That might not sound much, but some people I know are thinking about giving £2...
Wed 29/12/04 at 22:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't think he has the right to express anymore of his opinions.
Wed 29/12/04 at 21:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
freddykreuger666 wrote:
> Cos i try my butt off at school and to be fair people in 3rd world > countries dont.

Yep, those Geography teachers really do suck don't they.

I read the above comment last night and my mouth literally dropped open...I guess he's entitled to his opinion though.

I haven't got much more to add than has been said. I'm just in shock, I mean...sometimes I think getting out of bed in the morning is a real hassle...but how, just HOW are the countries, and the people concerned going to recover from this? How much unbelievable hard work is it going to take?

It's difficult to comprehend.
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I'm afraid it's nearing 100,000 now Pandy
>
> I can't get my head around it, was watching the mass graves being
> dug, bodies just being jcbed in.

Dear lord. Sorry. Characters on a screen isn't expressive enough...........
Blog article related to the disaster.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

[URL]http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/001826.html[/URL]
Myanmar's govt suppressing tsunami news?

GeekCorps founder Ethan Zuckerman has astutely noticed that there is almost no news about the effect of the tsunami on Myanmar (formerly Burma), which was surely in the disaster's path. It appears that news of the tsunami's effect has been supressed by Myanmar's military dictators.

There's two possible explanations for this story. One is that Myanmar, with 1930 kilometers of coastline, numerous fishing villages and huts on stilts along the coast, and a common border with Thailand - where over 1500 are reported dead - miraculously escaped the effect of the tsunami.

The other explanation is that Myanmar's famously secretive military government hasn't wanted to reveal the extent of the tsunami damage to the outside world... and especially to their own citizens. (As in many represive regimes, it's easier to to get news from outside the country than news from within it.)
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:40
Regular
"0228"
> freddykreuger666 wrote:
> Cos i we had a crisis in our country they probably wouldnt even give a >sh**.

Mainly because they probably wouldn't know anything about it and even if they did they're not really in a position to do anything about it being third world countries and all.

And I'm very proud of you for 'working your butt off at school', it must be hell compared to losing all of your family and having nowhere to live. Poor you.
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:38
Regular
I'm afraid it's nearing 100,000 now Pandy

I can't get my head around it, was watching the mass graves being dug, bodies just being jcbed in.
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> freddykreuger666 wrote:
> im not trying to be lame or anything but shouldnt we be helpeing our
> own country before other countries. Cos i we had a crisis in our
> country they probably wouldnt even give a sh**. Most charity money
> dont even go to the right people there who need it anyway. Im gonna
> go buy myself sum great "5 minute wonders next week" and
> spend my well earned money. Cos i try my butt off at school and to
> be
> fair people in 3rd world countries dont.
>
> ...
> ...
> ...
>
>
> ...

Explain to me exactly who "they" are. You f***** moron.

[edit]Christ, there's 60,000 people dead. 60,000! look at yourself in the mirror FFS.
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ah George Bush, as tactful as ever.

"The United States are sending over $35 billion in aid to the affected areas."

Really? Ah... no, he meant $35 million. Moron.
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:12
Regular
I've still yet to see any jokes about George Bush declaring war on mother nature, I think we're all still in shock.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.