GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donate some money to charity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Go on. There's over 20,000 people been killed in Asia by that earthquake, the death toll will probably rise to twice that, and there'll be over a million people homeless when the tides have calmed down. A million people homeless. The UN reckon it'll cost in the billions to recover from this tragedy.

So what are you going to do today? Are you going to sit on your backside playing your PS2 or Xbox, complaining that you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? Are you going to go and spend money you didn't earn on DVDs, CDs and games in the January sales?

Why not give a little bit of money to something that matters, it'll make you feel better. £10, £20, whatever you can afford. Don't just ignore this thing, they need all the help they can get.

20,000 people dead.
A million people homeless.
[URL]http://www.oxfam.co.uk/what_you_can_do/give_to_oxfam/donate/asiaquake1204.htm[/URL]

I'm fully aware this is very preachy and I don't normally do this kind of thing, but a million people homeless? Ignoring it would be criminal, right?
Wed 29/12/04 at 17:13
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
freddykreuger666 wrote:
> im not trying to be lame or anything but shouldnt we be helpeing our
> own country before other countries. Cos i we had a crisis in our
> country they probably wouldnt even give a sh**. Most charity money
> dont even go to the right people there who need it anyway. Im gonna
> go buy myself sum great "5 minute wonders next week" and
> spend my well earned money. Cos i try my butt off at school and to be
> fair people in 3rd world countries dont.

Wed 29/12/04 at 15:41
Regular
"Hallelujah"
monkey_man wrote:
> gamesfreak wrote:
> The problem with Tsunamis is the fact that they are quick to reach
> shore after the Earthquake has taken place.
>
> They never had a chance.
>
> They had a few hours, but were never warned, even though it was
> detected as far away as Hawaii, and they knew there was a good chance
> this would happen. Seeing the footage though, it proves how strong
> the waves were. You expect the wave to stop at the shore, but it
> carries on...and on and on, further inland, drowning people along the
> way, or smashing them against walls and with debris. Bloody awful.

I don't see how, whether they we're warned or not, 69000 people are going to get far enough away to survive that. Plus the economical devastation...
Wed 29/12/04 at 01:28
Regular
"Colourless"
freddykreuger666 wrote:
> Cos i try my butt off at school and to be

I dont think there are even words....

:S
Tue 28/12/04 at 23:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
freddykreuger666 wrote:
> im not trying to be lame or anything but shouldnt we be helpeing our
> own country before other countries. Cos i we had a crisis in our
> country they probably wouldnt even give a sh**. Most charity money
> dont even go to the right people there who need it anyway. Im gonna
> go buy myself sum great "5 minute wonders next week" and
> spend my well earned money. Cos i try my butt off at school and to be

Oh my.
Tue 28/12/04 at 23:26
Regular
freddykreuger666 wrote:
> Most charity money dont even go to the right people there who need it anyway.

How the duck do you know? This isn't simply giving to charity, it's for a specific cause.

> Cos i try my butt off at school and to be fair people in 3rd world countries dont.

Firstly, i cant let you get away with this. What a shocking comment. What kind of a moron are you? Do you live under a rock or something? Well done, you get a cushy free education SUCH HARD WOEK!!!!!!1111111111111, people in the 3rd world barely get a chance at all at life, let a alone a flippin education.

Secondly, this comment reeks of irony, because in reality if you do 'try your butt off at school' you wouldn't be so pig ignorant to the plight of others.

I've been posting on these forums for god knows how long, ive never ever seen such a ludicrous statement.
Tue 28/12/04 at 23:06
Regular
Most of Oxfams donated money goes into the administration side of stuff - could be wrong..
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:35
Regular
"love to chat"
There is no comparison between 9/11 and tsumani's One is the force of nature and the other is perpetrated by fanatics who want to comquer the world which we r handing to them on a plate...
Tue 28/12/04 at 21:13
"everyone must die!"
im not trying to be lame or anything but shouldnt we be helpeing our own country before other countries. Cos i we had a crisis in our country they probably wouldnt even give a sh**. Most charity money dont even go to the right people there who need it anyway. Im gonna go buy myself sum great "5 minute wonders next week" and spend my well earned money. Cos i try my butt off at school and to be fair people in 3rd world countries dont.
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:12
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Maybe we should destroy it?

I bet it's being funded by the Russians.
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:11
Regular
Yeah - they collectively rejected the option of some mega expensive advanced early warning system around this time last year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.