GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donate some money to charity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Go on. There's over 20,000 people been killed in Asia by that earthquake, the death toll will probably rise to twice that, and there'll be over a million people homeless when the tides have calmed down. A million people homeless. The UN reckon it'll cost in the billions to recover from this tragedy.

So what are you going to do today? Are you going to sit on your backside playing your PS2 or Xbox, complaining that you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? Are you going to go and spend money you didn't earn on DVDs, CDs and games in the January sales?

Why not give a little bit of money to something that matters, it'll make you feel better. £10, £20, whatever you can afford. Don't just ignore this thing, they need all the help they can get.

20,000 people dead.
A million people homeless.
[URL]http://www.oxfam.co.uk/what_you_can_do/give_to_oxfam/donate/asiaquake1204.htm[/URL]

I'm fully aware this is very preachy and I don't normally do this kind of thing, but a million people homeless? Ignoring it would be criminal, right?
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Maybe we should destroy it?
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Double
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think one or two of the countries hadn't signed up to an early warning system. Just shows you how dangerous and devasting nature can be.
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:07
Regular
He should play CS so he can shoot people in the face.
I'm sure that'd make him happy.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
gamesfreak wrote:
> The problem with Tsunamis is the fact that they are quick to reach
> shore after the Earthquake has taken place.
>
> They never had a chance.

They had a few hours, but were never warned, even though it was detected as far away as Hawaii, and they knew there was a good chance this would happen. Seeing the footage though, it proves how strong the waves were. You expect the wave to stop at the shore, but it carries on...and on and on, further inland, drowning people along the way, or smashing them against walls and with debris. Bloody awful.

Goaty, you seem in a bit of a mood tonight.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> "indie low-fi"

Oi! Don't bring other threads into it. It was a horrible shirt, I might send it over in an aid package.

Or, finish that musical donation site I started.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It didn't work when coupled with Sept 11th and Belsen and the suggestion that they were serious because of "and explosions" - just came off like a clumsy studied "indie low-fi" attempt at nonchalance.
"this was an earthquake and some water - how devastating can that be!?"

My bad.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> Tsunami.

> "how devastating can that be?"

I was being rhetorical.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It was an underground earthquake in Asia, and it killed people in Africa. An absolutely terrifying display of nature at its worst.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:17
Regular
The problem with Tsunamis is the fact that they are quick to reach shore after the Earthquake has taken place.

They never had a chance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.