GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donate some money to charity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Go on. There's over 20,000 people been killed in Asia by that earthquake, the death toll will probably rise to twice that, and there'll be over a million people homeless when the tides have calmed down. A million people homeless. The UN reckon it'll cost in the billions to recover from this tragedy.

So what are you going to do today? Are you going to sit on your backside playing your PS2 or Xbox, complaining that you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? Are you going to go and spend money you didn't earn on DVDs, CDs and games in the January sales?

Why not give a little bit of money to something that matters, it'll make you feel better. £10, £20, whatever you can afford. Don't just ignore this thing, they need all the help they can get.

20,000 people dead.
A million people homeless.
[URL]http://www.oxfam.co.uk/what_you_can_do/give_to_oxfam/donate/asiaquake1204.htm[/URL]

I'm fully aware this is very preachy and I don't normally do this kind of thing, but a million people homeless? Ignoring it would be criminal, right?
Mon 03/01/05 at 12:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Truth. But the Express blared 'Thank your for saving us, Britain!'

Which is kinda patheticly self-congratulating.

But sill, the giving is good. TM.
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah, all this donating is turning into some sort of biding war or something.

Though, the amount the British public have given has surprised me. In a good way obviously.
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:37
Regular
My dad donated £100 today!

":O" I said.

":O!"
Sun 02/01/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
I did
Sun 02/01/05 at 21:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tis why I want to do something useful on my gap year, rather than go to Australia and apptempt to look cool in a warmer version of Europe.

Tis highly strange how people are both so racist and xenophobic and yet also highly compassionate when the news tells them to be. Bleruugh***startings of a rant here, can't be bothered***reetgzashdhsh

etc.

But yes, give.
Sun 02/01/05 at 21:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
checkmate wrote:
> stuff

Hmm, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, were it not for the awful spelling on your website. Spelling 'disaster' would be a good start. The thought remains the same though.

Stories I predict will appear over the next few days:

Comedian/MP will face public vitriol over an ill-judged comment/gag
A paper will list celebrity donations
The Beckhams will make a public appeal
As will other celebrites, desperate to appear more caring than the last
Bob Geldof will say something

Meanwhile, the death toll rises and rises... unofficial toll now at 150,000 with 5 million homeless. Still can't get my head round those figures. That's more than half the population of London, without homes.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:43
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I will give some money to DEC, once I know how much I've got in the bank.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:05
Regular
"freedom Journalist"
I was disappointed to learn over the weekend that Vodafone will not be donating any funds to the Asian Tsunami appeal. As a journalist I have been following the progress of Vodafone since its new executive, Arun Sandi was appointed last year at a salary of £1.5 Million GPB ($3 Million USD) a year + Bonus and incentives worth an estimated £10 Million GPB ($20 Million USD). For the worlds largest mobile communications company that can afford these individual salaries to not donate any funds for the Tsunami appeal is nothing short of disgraceful. However I am not surprised at this.
See the full story at http://www.bullyweb.info [URL] http://www.bullyweb.info [/URL]
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:32
Regular
I've already given.

I pay my taxes and the government has given money on my behalf. So therefore every person that pays taxes has already donated.

I have donated some more on my own, but just wanted to get a point across...
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I keep giving more every time I watch the news.

My new guitar can wait a few more weeks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.