GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"23,700 dead, and you tell me theres a god?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 18:21
Regular
"Hallelujah"
This is tradegy of a phenominal scale. I cannot even contemplate that many human lives ending at once, and on christmas. Its a sick thing.

127,000 was the final count, although its feared it was somewhere closer to 150,000. All I want to add is not to those who died, but for the survivors, I hope things don't get to hard for you and I wish you the best of luck.
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
To make it a more even fight. It's like in the playground when I hit that kid with the glasses. They fell off so I picked them up for him before hitting him again. I'm mean, I have some some sense of decency.
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hehe...
if we're gonna stomp in and "free" them later, why sell them weapons in the first place?
Sat 08/01/05 at 11:44
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Very_Metal wrote:
> it depends. if you'd convinced them they wanted something they didn't
> need and charged them the £50 in the first place, then it's a
> little immoral to ask for it at all. These countries are in debt
> because people like us convinced them they needed weapons to defend
> themselves

Yeah, but only so we can go and free the people later on, which makes it ok.
Sat 08/01/05 at 11:39
Regular
"you've got a beard"
El Pinko wrote:
> Lindgren wrote:
> What Ive found astonishing in recent days is that suddenly richer
> nations are coming out and saying well we'll cancel these countries'
> debt to us to make things easier, why couldnt they have done that
> before a disaster took place? It just proves it could have been done
> years ago and they just couldnt be bothered, that angered me a bit.
>
> Well, not really. If your little brother or sister owed you
> £50, then went out and broke both thier legs, they now can
> really do much and so you say "aww, forget the £50."
> You still want it, but its immoral to ask.

it depends. if you'd convinced them they wanted something they didn't need and charged them the £50 in the first place, then it's a little immoral to ask for it at all. These countries are in debt because people like us convinced them they needed weapons to defend themselves from... well, no-one and as a result they're screwed and we just sit back demanding cash, it was unreasonable from the get-go, i'm glad richer countries are easing up, they should've done this years ago as an act of basic human decency.
Sat 08/01/05 at 09:30
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Lindgren wrote:
> What Ive found astonishing in recent days is that suddenly richer
> nations are coming out and saying well we'll cancel these countries'
> debt to us to make things easier, why couldnt they have done that
> before a disaster took place? It just proves it could have been done
> years ago and they just couldnt be bothered, that angered me a bit.

Well, not really. If your little brother or sister owed you £50, then went out and broke both thier legs, they now can really do much and so you say "aww, forget the £50." You still want it, but its immoral to ask.
Fri 07/01/05 at 00:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The worlds always been screwed like that - the disaster just highlighted it a bit....like the previous disaster did.....and the next will....

Unfortunatly....
Fri 07/01/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
What Ive found astonishing in recent days is that suddenly richer nations are coming out and saying well we'll cancel these countries' debt to us to make things easier, why couldnt they have done that before a disaster took place? It just proves it could have been done years ago and they just couldnt be bothered, that angered me a bit.
Fri 07/01/05 at 00:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
When focused on one overriding purpose, most people seem to co-operate amicably and on a basic level.

5 years later, ask them their views on religion. Totally different views from every corner.

Humanity is only united when it needs to overcome a threat larger than itself.
Fri 07/01/05 at 00:16
Regular
"Lucy.laptop@gmail"
El Pinko wrote:
> Lucy Laptop wrote:
> Just had the news on, they showed various religions praying
> together,
> i thought it was a gorgeous image.
>
> Its interesting isn't it. There are two types of people that are
> amusing me at the moment:
>
> 1. The people who say "there must be a God, look how many were
> saved..."
> 2. There must be a God, Look how namy people have been brought
> together by this...
>
> In all honesty, both those conceps are laughable in some sense, as
> its jus manipulating a situation to your advantage. Nothing
> remarkable or Holy happpend that day, just a disaster resulting in
> the direct effect of Millions of lives.

Well i'm saying neither, only thats it's a small silver lining, i'm not religious at all and part of the reason is because religion is so devisive, i liked that i saw people praying together and it would be better if that could be the norm.
Thu 06/01/05 at 23:22
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
One thing Ill never understand is this, people who believe God causes these things are the very people who will pray for the survival of people/souls of people to God, so does the mean

(a) these people dont realise praying is useless if God created the disaster in the first place, i.e. he WANTED people to suffer and die, or

(b) they believe God can be manipulated by the power of prayer and have a guilty conscience and change his mind, or

a (c) im missing completely here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.