GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"23,700 dead, and you tell me theres a god?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 18:21
Regular
"Hallelujah"
This is tradegy of a phenominal scale. I cannot even contemplate that many human lives ending at once, and on christmas. Its a sick thing.

127,000 was the final count, although its feared it was somewhere closer to 150,000. All I want to add is not to those who died, but for the survivors, I hope things don't get to hard for you and I wish you the best of luck.
Tue 11/01/05 at 18:45
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
What Ill never understand people dont cop on to is that because of all the religions different beliefs if they were all right then theres more than one God, but for example in Christianity, part of a prayer is that there is only one God, and Im sure theres something similar in other religions, so someones gotta be wrong.
Tue 11/01/05 at 18:42
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
Just saw one on channel 4 about when Homer gives up church, such an appropriate episode.

love the bit where rev.lovejoy says, (after people save homers life)

"god was in the hearts of the people who saved you,
*looks at ned* whether they be christian, *looks at krusty* jewish, *looks at apu* or miscellaneous"
Tue 11/01/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Or The Simpsons episode where Bart sells his soul and says God doesnt exist, Milhouse says what would the church have to gain from lying, and it cuts to a shot of Rev. Lovejoy sorting out the collection money.
Tue 11/01/05 at 17:33
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
God doesnt exsist, get over it. You thought Santa was real didnt you...now you've grown up and you realised. I put the presents in my bro n sis's stockings (rents are too lazy), im Santa, haha, ha haha.

But seriously, what someone else said in this thread, religion is just manipulating people to the leaders advantage.

Have any of you seen that Simpsons where Homer signs the whole family up to a cult, and they all believe they will be taken to "Blistonia" by "the leader".

Religion is nothing more than that, a smart guy taking advantage over a dumb person/s.
Tue 11/01/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Surrealguy wrote:
> This has probably already been said 100 times on this thread but...
> Yes, there is a God. The thing is though, he doesn't work by
> directly influencing the actions of humans or the environment, or at
> least not since Noah's Ark. God made the world not so that he could
> control it, or as a sort of micro management celestial computer game.
> I am a Christian and I believe in God, but of course this makes us
> doubt his existence, but not that much.
>
> Some people may notice that I simply ripped most of these from the
> Archbishop of Canterbury's Independant article.

But how can he manipulate narure when he want's to (Noah's arc) and not when he doesn't (the tsunami). Its all a big contradiction. Then again, thats basically all any religion is.
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:36
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
This has probably already been said 100 times on this thread but... Yes, there is a God. The thing is though, he doesn't work by directly influencing the actions of humans or the environment, or at least not since Noah's Ark. God made the world not so that he could control it, or as a sort of micro management celestial computer game. I am a Christian and I believe in God, but of course this makes us doubt his existence, but not that much.

Some people may notice that I simply ripped most of these from the Archbishop of Canterbury's Independant article.
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
*accursed DP*
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:47
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hehe, so it's true, policemen are just stamping authority to make up for previous experiences :)
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I should add that the beady-eyed twonk then kicked the crap out of me.
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
*wipes away a solitary tear*
you're a noble and dying breed... i salute you.

p.s - i have contact lenses now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.