GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Greatest Cartoons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 23:53
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/cartoons/index.html[/URL]

It's another channel 4 poll and the nomination's list is rather odd. Some are films, other's TV series', and others are individual characters. There are even a couple that I wouldn't consider to be cartoons, 'The Magic Roundabout' and 'Wallace and Grommit' are both on the list. Also, I know that many of you like Bucky O'Hare but I'm afraid he's not an option.

My votes went to: Daffy Duck, Donald Duck, The Flinstones, Futurama, Hong Kong Phooey, Ren and Stimpy, The Simpsons, South Park, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

There are some odd choices there, I know. Probably should have included Family Guy somewhere.
Tue 01/03/05 at 17:38
Regular
What a joke. How the hell did Shrek and The Incredibles get in the top ten? There's no way that South Park deserves to be at 3, either. And what was that Spirited Away thing? Looked like Pokemon...

Looney Tunes only a 20? Rubbish.

But still. Good nostalgia. I'd forgotten all about stuff like Droopy Dog. How cool.
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm with you there, pb. That brought back a lot of memories. Haven't heard of Mr Rossi in a long time.
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:41
"possibly impossible"
No Mr Rossi. Bah!

'Viva Viva happiness....'
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
No Ghostbusters, not sure whether thats a good thing or not.
The first 20 or so minutes of the South Park film are excellent, it dies a bit after that.
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:05
Regular
Was nice to see Spirited Away appear in the list, a little bit disappointed that there was no Ghost in the Shell though :(
Mon 28/02/05 at 17:44
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Futurama came 26th, which was a disappointment. Tom and Jerry deserved to be where it was, as did Family Guy.
Mon 28/02/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
JFH wrote:
> Wardy_MoD wrote:
> The whole list
>
> People could've just used the link in the original post.

You would think really wouldnt you!

But i saw some people were asking about where specific ones came so i thought i would post the list to save going into the link
Mon 28/02/05 at 17:18
Regular
"0228"
Lipe wrote:
> Lion King should of been higher up...the rest I guess is OK.

Walt Disney's nephew (Roy I think) didn't seemed to think that The Lion King is a bit over rated but he was very supportive of all of the other Disney entries. I would say that The Lion King is probably Disney's best animated film ever (followed by The Jungle Book which should have come higher) and it deserved its place in the top ten.
Mon 28/02/05 at 17:10
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
I can't believe the simpsons won this. It really is over-rated. South park and Tom and Jerry beat The Simpsons....
Mon 28/02/05 at 17:08
Regular
"0228"
Wardy_MoD wrote:
> The whole list

People could've just used the link in the original post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.