GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Greatest Cartoons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 23:53
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/cartoons/index.html[/URL]

It's another channel 4 poll and the nomination's list is rather odd. Some are films, other's TV series', and others are individual characters. There are even a couple that I wouldn't consider to be cartoons, 'The Magic Roundabout' and 'Wallace and Grommit' are both on the list. Also, I know that many of you like Bucky O'Hare but I'm afraid he's not an option.

My votes went to: Daffy Duck, Donald Duck, The Flinstones, Futurama, Hong Kong Phooey, Ren and Stimpy, The Simpsons, South Park, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

There are some odd choices there, I know. Probably should have included Family Guy somewhere.
Tue 01/03/05 at 20:22
Regular
": ("
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> 10. Bambi
>
> What do you think of that list? :)

AHAHAHAHA!
Tue 01/03/05 at 20:22
Regular
What? Those films aren't hentai, you fool.

Edit: I bet you are talking about Laputa. It has NOTHING to do with that certain Spanish word. Have you ever read Gulliver's Travels?
Tue 01/03/05 at 20:20
Regular
"herro"
yey for all the hentai animé freakshit lovers
Tue 01/03/05 at 20:18
Regular
Spirited Away is amazing. It's what started me as a Studio Ghibli fan. It's certainly not their best film, but it sure is great. And how dare you say it looks like Pokemon, Mev, you fool! That list was awful. Pokemon is better than Bambi and Snow White? yeah right! Many of the animations in there should not be in that list. And the Simpsons Number 1? Sure, it's great, but there are FAR better animations out there.

My personal top 10 list:

1. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Absolute classic anime)
2. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
3. Whisper of the Heart
4. Mononoke Hime
5. Spirited Away
6. Kiki's Delivery Service
7. My Neighbour Totoro
8. Grave of the Fireflies Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (classic)
9. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (classic)
10. Bambi

What do you think of that list? :)
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:55
Regular
Spirited Away was okay.

Mr No Face made the film for me.
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I know...but that accent to them words!!!LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:51
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Wardy_MoD wrote:

> (By the way...that Cornish presenter bloke singing "I can show
> you the world"...LOOOOOL!)

He wasn't a bad singer!
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:11
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
MJ wrote:
> Was nice to see Spirited Away appear in the list, a little bit
> disappointed that there was no Ghost in the Shell though :(

The end scene in hte complex was what made that film. One bit I didn't like was the 10 minute scan of Japan because it really just became a bore fest.
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:07
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Half of those were sleeper hits. Oh and Spirited Away is a great cartoon film. The Oscar proves it.
Tue 01/03/05 at 18:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
What the hell is The Iron Giant doing at number 12? There are so many cartoons below it that deserve to be above it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.