GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Desperate Newcastle go after Morientes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Newcastle have joined the race to sign Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes after their desperate £8m bid for Boumsong was rejected. HAHA

But the Liverpool Echo has said Anfield boss Rafa Benitez will avoid a bidding war and instead turn his attentions to Nicolas Anelka. Real are believed to still want £7m before selling Morientes.

Reports suggest Liverpool will lift their offer to £5m - the highest they are willing to go before bowing out of any deal. Benitez could yet turn his attentions to the younger Anelka should Morientes be reluctant to pledge his future to Liverpool, even tho he is already praising Liverpool and how he'd love to play for us.
Mon 27/12/04 at 17:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Solskjær wrote:
> It's still a little much for a "little known"
> Spaniard, though, wouldn't you say...?

Thing is, he wasn't little known at all. He'd been consistently excellent for Real Sociedad 3 seasons in a row, and Real Madrid were apparently very keen to sign him. Chose to go for defenders instead of him and Joaquin, though. Probably for the better, although their league position doesn't suggest that at all.
Mon 27/12/04 at 15:11
Regular
kevstar wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Liverpool are much better than Newcastle at the moment. There's not
> a
> single player in the 'Pool's Starting XI that I'd swop for a
> Newcastle starter.
>
> And I don't see why we can't finish in the Top 4.
>
> I'd agree as we all seen when they beat us on sky earlier this month,
> but one thing I will say is i've never seen Liverpool do anything
> exceptional this season what makes me think there good enough for a
> top 4 finish.
>
> Ohh and I think Robert would get in the Liverpool squad any day of
> any month! So too would Shearer, Butt, Given and Milner.

--

I said starting XI, not squad. But I forgot about Given, he's better than Dudek. None of the others qualify.
Mon 27/12/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Stryke wrote:
> Liverpool are much better than Newcastle at the moment. There's not a
> single player in the 'Pool's Starting XI that I'd swop for a
> Newcastle starter.
>
> And I don't see why we can't finish in the Top 4.

I'd agree as we all seen when they beat us on sky earlier this month, but one thing I will say is i've never seen Liverpool do anything exceptional this season what makes me think there good enough for a top 4 finish.

Ohh and I think Robert would get in the Liverpool squad any day of any month! So too would Shearer, Butt, Given and Milner.
Mon 27/12/04 at 10:40
Regular
Liverpool are much better than Newcastle at the moment. There's not a single player in the 'Pool's Starting XI that I'd swop for a Newcastle starter.

And I don't see why we can't finish in the Top 4.
Mon 27/12/04 at 01:47
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Virtuoso wrote:
> I liked this part of the Morientes saga:
>
> "The player, steered by his agent Gines Carvajal, is
> understood to have no desire to move to Tyneside - or Monaco, his
> other long-term suitors - and is keener to join his compatriots under
> Rafael Benítez at Anfield."

Doesn't matter, either way Newcastle or Liverpool won't finish in the top 4 and i'm a toon supporter. Liverpool are crap, just like Newcastle at the moment. My predictions are looking good for this season apart from the fact I said the toon will finish 4th, but apart fro that i'm spot on up to now including saying that Liverpool won't finish in the top 4.
Sun 26/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I liked this part of the Morientes saga:

"The player, steered by his agent Gines Carvajal, is understood to have no desire to move to Tyneside - or Monaco, his other long-term suitors - and is keener to join his compatriots under Rafael Benítez at Anfield."
Fri 24/12/04 at 14:35
Regular
I don't know, I think Liverpool should seriously think about accepting £20 million plus Morientes for Anthony Le Tallec.
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Paddy Vieria's been touted as the next galactico for about 3 odd years now.
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:20
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Sorry, my intent wasn't to question Alonso's qualities and what he's
> given to the Liverpool team already this season.
>
> It's still a little much for a "little known"
> Spaniard, though, wouldn't you say...?

--

Well, maybe, but he's been touted as the next Madrid galactico for a while, hasn't he? Actually, I was surprised we managed to get him when Real wanted him. It's got to be the Rafa factor.

--

>
> Where's Gerrard on that list, eh? :)

--

He's regular Stevie.
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:11
Regular
Alonso was linked with real madrid and man utd before the liverpool move went through.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.