GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Desperate Newcastle go after Morientes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Newcastle have joined the race to sign Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes after their desperate £8m bid for Boumsong was rejected. HAHA

But the Liverpool Echo has said Anfield boss Rafa Benitez will avoid a bidding war and instead turn his attentions to Nicolas Anelka. Real are believed to still want £7m before selling Morientes.

Reports suggest Liverpool will lift their offer to £5m - the highest they are willing to go before bowing out of any deal. Benitez could yet turn his attentions to the younger Anelka should Morientes be reluctant to pledge his future to Liverpool, even tho he is already praising Liverpool and how he'd love to play for us.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Colourless wrote:
> Gahahaha. You can't take that poll into account when looking at who's
> better.....
>
> Defoe is ranked best in premiership above Henry....
>
> Thus, that poll = void.

Thats because he's done class this season and to say he hasn't is bull. Just because Henry is the best striker in the world doesn't mean he's going to be the best day in day out.
Tue 28/12/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Colourless"
Gahahaha. You can't take that poll into account when looking at who's better.....

Defoe is ranked best in premiership above Henry....

Thus, that poll = void.
Tue 28/12/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Stryke wrote:
> Also, I feel a Jenas or Alonso poll coming on..

Look at this poll Shearer's better than Barros [URL]http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=134298[/URL]
Tue 28/12/04 at 16:52
Regular
Actually, I should really add that my fantasy football striking partnership is Baros and Bellamy :) But my Milan is captain...
Tue 28/12/04 at 16:37
Regular
Also, I feel a Jenas or Alonso poll coming on..
Tue 28/12/04 at 16:36
Regular
kevstar wrote:
>
> Bellamy, thats someone you should be
> respecting as apart from Giggs and Hughes, there hasn't been a player
> of his class for years coming out of wales.

--

Doesn't change the fact that Bellamy is one of the most annoying poe-faced poncy-tattooed whiners in the Premiership. You all have a go at English players. Just because we have few good players, doesn't mean we like them all. And don't try and compare Bellamy to the class of Giggs and Sparky.

--

I guess you will be
> changing your tune when he gets Wales to the next wold cup.

--

But he won't. He'll sulk and blame Hartson.
Tue 28/12/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Colourless"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> As an all round player though Jenas is
> better and more proven in the Premiership.

But can he take penalties....? :P
Tue 28/12/04 at 14:19
Regular
No one is, Gerrard is the best all round Midfielder in Europe and would walk into any side.

How the hell you could deny Jenas ahead of Alonso though is slightly confusing. The same for Bowyer ahead of either Alonso or Nunez and Milner/Ambrose and even Dyer ahead of the 1 game a season wonder Harry Kewell. Bowyer is slowly getting back to his best, the same best that Liverpool wanted for 10 million not so long back and at his best there is no one in the Premiership who covers more ground and tracks back and pushes forward as much as Bowyer.

I am a fan of Alonso, his range of passing is immense and he creates a hell of a lot of chances. As an all round player though Jenas is better and more proven in the Premiership. Also it wa smore the fact that only Given would get into that Liverpool team that cracked me up. Then of course the fact that Shearer wouldn't get in ahead of Barros/Mellor...
Tue 28/12/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Colourless"
I refuse to believe how anyone, even if they are from Newcastle, can try and compare Gerrard with Jenas.
Tue 28/12/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Stryke wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
>
>
> Right well Bowyer/Jenas would walk straight in ahead of
> Nunez/Kewell.
> Butt/Milner and Ambrose are all of excellent quality.
>
> --
>
> You're comparing central midfielders to wingers. Do you not get what
> I'm saying here, stupid stupid people? Starting XI againast Starting
> XI. Sigh. You compare Bowyer/Jenas to Alonso/Gerrard...yeah, case
> closed.
>
No its not cos your talking rubbish, Gerrard may a better player than Jenas I agree, but your talking about someone who has played many more seasons. Jenas is a player with the qualities to become just as good as gerrard. You also talk about a player who's hardly prooved himself in the premiership.

>Both Bellamy and Shearer qualify ahead of Baros and Mellor/Pongolle.
>
> --
>
> Oh, I fear Shearer and his age so very much. And Bellamy againast
> Baros? Heh, Bellamy has had a decent striker alongside him all
> season, been fit every match and notched up 7. Baros been forced to
> play on his own, been hampered by a hamstring injury, and bagged 8.
> Plus he has better hair, is a better footballer and Bellamy's an
> annoying sod. And I'm Welsh.
>
Shearer has prooved people like you wrong all through his life and mentioning his age is a very weak attempt to try and justify yourself. Who scored more goals last season? And the season before, hey I bet there hasn't been a season where Baros has finisher higher up the charts than him. And Bellamy, thats someone you should be respecting as apart from Giggs and Hughes, there hasn't been a player of his class for years coming out of wales. I guess you will be changing your tune when he gets Wales to the next wold cup. Bellamy may have been playing with decent strikers all season but he's been on the wing for half of those games and still been scoring and assisting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.