GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Desperate Newcastle go after Morientes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Newcastle have joined the race to sign Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes after their desperate £8m bid for Boumsong was rejected. HAHA

But the Liverpool Echo has said Anfield boss Rafa Benitez will avoid a bidding war and instead turn his attentions to Nicolas Anelka. Real are believed to still want £7m before selling Morientes.

Reports suggest Liverpool will lift their offer to £5m - the highest they are willing to go before bowing out of any deal. Benitez could yet turn his attentions to the younger Anelka should Morientes be reluctant to pledge his future to Liverpool, even tho he is already praising Liverpool and how he'd love to play for us.
Tue 28/12/04 at 10:46
Regular
Having watched every Newcastle game this season I can safely say that Bowyer has spent 75% of the time playing Right Midfield in the Solano of old role.

Also you clearly haven't seen Jenas play at all this season, youngest Newcastle captain ever, a very skillful and majestic player who digs out chances. At the moment he is having to cover twice the ground with Butt out and with a shocking defence which is why he isn't pushing forward and doing what he does best.

Bellamy annoying t*at or not he is still a top rate striker and if you class a half fit Kluivert who is too lazy to wipe his own ass a decent strike partner then it goes to show how much attention you pay. Bellamy has also spent 5 game playing on both the left and right flanks. When Shearer is back then you will see Bellamy in full flight.
Tue 28/12/04 at 10:19
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
>
>
> Right well Bowyer/Jenas would walk straight in ahead of Nunez/Kewell.
> Butt/Milner and Ambrose are all of excellent quality.

--

You're comparing central midfielders to wingers. Do you not get what I'm saying here, stupid stupid people? Starting XI againast Starting XI. Sigh. You compare Bowyer/Jenas to Alonso/Gerrard...yeah, case closed.

--

>
> Both Bellamy and Shearer qualify ahead of Baros and Mellor/Pongolle.

--

Oh, I fear Shearer and his age so very much. And Bellamy againast Baros? Heh, Bellamy has had a decent striker alongside him all season, been fit every match and notched up 7. Baros been forced to play on his own, been hampered by a hamstring injury, and bagged 8. Plus he has better hair, is a better footballer and Bellamy's an annoying sod. And I'm Welsh.

--
Mon 27/12/04 at 21:14
Regular
Hadn't checked after the West Brom game, of course.
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:30
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
You're missing the point! =D

He said they were 3rd highest Scorers, I was simply pointing out that they weren't ;D

No malice intended either way :)
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:23
Regular
Your the only lot who have had them put in front of you twice!
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:22
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
You can only score past who is put in front of you =P
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:21
Regular
Mind you, stu, 8 of them goals have been against west brom! Any joker can score past thier "defence"
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:14
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

How you can say that when we are the 3rd highest scoring side in the Premiership is beyond me.
---------------

1st. Arsenal
2nd. Chelsea
3rd. Liverpool
4th. Middlesborough
5th. Newcastle

...or....

Liverpool Played-19 Won-9 Drew-4 Lost-6 Scored-33
Newcastle Played-19 Won-5 Drew-7 Lost-7 Scored-31
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> I said starting XI, not squad. But I forgot about Given, he's better
> than Dudek. None of the others qualify.

Right well Bowyer/Jenas would walk straight in ahead of Nunez/Kewell. Butt/Milner and Ambrose are all of excellent quality.

Both Bellamy and Shearer qualify ahead of Baros and Mellor/Pongolle.

The defence is a joke, everyone is aware of that, Given aside none of them would walk into any team with the possible exception of Bernard who would fit into a few teams.

It's Newcastle's defence, nothing else. How you can say that when we are the 3rd highest scoring side in the Premiership is beyond me. Newcastle going forward play remarkable football, it is only when it breaks down and the clowns at the back step have to attempt to actually look organised.

On what I have seen so far Everton most certainly deserve the 4th spot and until Boumsong/Meites are brought in we won't even qualify for the Uefa Cup without winning it.

EDIT: Hadn't checked goals scored after weekends action.
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:41
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
kevstar wrote:

I'd agree as we all seen when they beat us on sky earlier this month, but one thing I will say is i've never seen Liverpool do anything exceptional this season what makes me think there good enough for a top 4 finish.
----------------

I agree; our win against Olympiakos at Anfield was average.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.