GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is totally OUT OF ORDER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/12/04 at 00:28
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4098917.stm[/URL]

I cant believe that Geff Hoon is planning to re-construct the British Military. Our military is one of the best in the world and the government plan to make redundant 1,500 soldiers and disband many regiments.

One that is very disgraceful is their closing down the Black Watch. Thats a major slap in the face for those brave chaps, to fight for their country to witness 5 of their brothers in arms to die, only to come home and find out "THEIR BEING CLOSE DOWN"..... Not to mention other regiments, which have historical value; soldiers who fought for them in WW1 & WW2 if many were still alive would spit in Hoon's face for this backstabbing policy of his
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"Historical value"

*Shakes head*
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:41
The Royal Welch Fusiliers and The Royal Regiment of Wales will now be called the 1st and 2nd Battalions Royal Welsh. Furthermore, unlike the newly merged Scottish regiments the new name will be first, not on the side in brackets.

I mean, Royal Welsh? That sounds greeeaat.
Fri 17/12/04 at 13:17
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
ok then, reduce the size of the Army to bring in new technology, but for heavens sake, dont take away their independant insignia's. Each person who joins the military is very proud of their regiment and guarantee it will cause problems for those who have to move into others.
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
lalakersrule wrote:
> For historical value look no further then the equipment they use :-D
>
> The days of needing a huge army are long gone, replaced with
> technology advancements and a new type of war that is no longer waged
> on big old fields. It'd be a bit hard to fight with one million
> soldiers in Baghdad
>
> *dammit John that's my foot you've just stepped on*
> Sorry mate can't budge a bloody inch here, like the Xmas sales

I am sure the other side will be happy to use a RPG to free up some space, or even better america would probably bomb the city at the time you know what their like.

Big-filthy-building-destroying-flesh-melting bombs need dropping on all who stand against me....i mean us.
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
For historical value look no further then the equipment they use :-D

The days of needing a huge army are long gone, replaced with technology advancements and a new type of war that is no longer waged on big old fields. It'd be a bit hard to fight with one million soldiers in Baghdad

*dammit John that's my foot you've just stepped on*
Sorry mate can't budge a bloody inch here, like the Xmas sales.
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Captain to you."
If it makes the army work better then they should do it. As for 'historical value' that doesn't matter compared to our army being improved.
Fri 17/12/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So what you are saying is that we should live in the past. Don't progress, don't advance, and for our Lord in Heaven God's sake, don't ever, ever change anything - not even the furniture.
Fri 17/12/04 at 09:02
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
labour are all liars
Fri 17/12/04 at 00:57
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
1. Ypres - WW1
2. Gallipoli - WW1
3. Battle of Mons - WW1
4. El-Alamein - WW2
5. Invasion of Norway - WW2
6. Market Garden/Arnhem - WW2
7. Falklands (1983 I think)
8. Rorkes Drift - Boar War (1879)
9. Plassey (c.1750, Battle for India)
10. Battle of Tolouse (Napoleonic War)

Want More

Northern Ireland
Sierra Leone
Bosnia
Afganistan & old Afgan
Gulf War
Iraq War

Study history for my BA Degree. and There are too many to list, espically going through medieval, colonial, etc.
Fri 17/12/04 at 00:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
He's merging the batallions, not disbanding enitre regiments. 1200 infantry will go. To be honest, I've lost a lot of concern for such issues as 'British pride' etc. (Please, please, take that bait....)

But won't this help you defeat the Islams more effectively, by being more streamlined and flexible?!

And please, name 10 Army battles in British history, excepting Waterloo, the Somme and 'D-Day'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.