GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is totally OUT OF ORDER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/12/04 at 00:28
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4098917.stm[/URL]

I cant believe that Geff Hoon is planning to re-construct the British Military. Our military is one of the best in the world and the government plan to make redundant 1,500 soldiers and disband many regiments.

One that is very disgraceful is their closing down the Black Watch. Thats a major slap in the face for those brave chaps, to fight for their country to witness 5 of their brothers in arms to die, only to come home and find out "THEIR BEING CLOSE DOWN"..... Not to mention other regiments, which have historical value; soldiers who fought for them in WW1 & WW2 if many were still alive would spit in Hoon's face for this backstabbing policy of his
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:13
Regular
"Captain to you."
SHEEPY wrote:
> All this history crap they go on about, most of what they're
> celebrating was imperialism.
>
> I say they get rid of the lot and let the French invade us.

grr we could have the french and the germans and the spanish....infact bring back the empire but bigger.
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
All this history crap they go on about, most of what they're celebrating was imperialism.

I say they get rid of the lot and let the French invade us.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
> 7. Falklands (1983 I think)
>

Aha.

BA in History my ass.
Sat 18/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
yeh
Sat 18/12/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
monkey_man wrote:
> At least in Iraq they have passing US Marines to finish off the
> wounded and helpless...

yeh if your lucky after the american shoots you as one of the british troops he'll finish the job or at least say to people you looked hostile.
Sat 18/12/04 at 14:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
At least in Iraq they have passing US Marines to finish off the wounded and helpless...
Sat 18/12/04 at 14:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The Confederate wrote:
> chippxero, I would have thought it would have been painful to die in
> battle the old ways... Even only 100 or more years ago, like during
> such was as Napolanic Wars, War for Independance and American Civil
> War it was noted that soldiers died in the most horrific manner.
>
> Suppose thats the benefit of modern warfare, a quick death. If then
> you do survive and get badly injured atleast we have good medicine
> also to relieve pain, and I'll tell ya chippxero I would rather die
> quickly than die slowly being bayonnetted through the stomache, so
> please don't bring back the good old times

You're joking right? Does anyone dying in conflict have a choice on how they are killed?

"No, sorry, I don't want to be kicked to death by a mob baying for my blood and dragged through the streets, a nice bullet to the head sounds far more preferable."

Warfare is horrific. It's very nature is horrific. Don't think that wars in times past were any more brutal than they are now. You only have to look at the conflicts in Sierra Leone, Kosovo and indeed Iraq to see your "noble" view on modern warfare.
Sat 18/12/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Captain to you."
The Confederate wrote:
> chippxero, I would have thought it would have been painful to die in
> battle the old ways... Even only 100 or more years ago, like during
> such was as Napolanic Wars, War for Independance and American Civil
> War it was noted that soldiers died in the most horrific manner.
>
> Suppose thats the benefit of modern warfare, a quick death. If then
> you do survive and get badly injured atleast we have good medicine
> also to relieve pain, and I'll tell ya chippxero I would rather die
> quickly than die slowly being bayonnetted through the stomache, so
> please don't bring back the good old times

But i would be dieing my horrible death for king and country not cause it was my job but cause i thought it needed to be done and i believed in something. These days the soldiers just do what they are told even if it's wrong. Give me a old style battlefield massicure anyday.
Sat 18/12/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah, you confused me by writing "I would have thought it would have been painful to die in battle the old ways...", which is a reference to dying, but somehow you meant it as a reference to being wounded, but forgot to mention that until your next paragraph.

New ways of killing lots of people are simply more refined methods of the old ways of killing lots of people. An explosion is designed to move material from one central point, to many further away points. Material being body parts. A bullet is designed to penetrate the skin, either killing instantly, or incapacitating the enemy. How has this changed over the last hundred years?

And more recently we have seen proof that the US Army is using a new version of the illegal weapon napalm in Iraq. All they've done is change it to the same sort of fuel that they put in airplanes, so that it burns away quicker. And now it's legal to use.
Sat 18/12/04 at 12:19
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
Monkey_Man, there is such thing as morphine and heavy pain killers. A field medic is higly trained. So really in situations like that people would be heavily suidated

100 od years ago they did not have that. They had doctors miles away, who just cut limbs off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.