GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is totally OUT OF ORDER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/12/04 at 00:28
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4098917.stm[/URL]

I cant believe that Geff Hoon is planning to re-construct the British Military. Our military is one of the best in the world and the government plan to make redundant 1,500 soldiers and disband many regiments.

One that is very disgraceful is their closing down the Black Watch. Thats a major slap in the face for those brave chaps, to fight for their country to witness 5 of their brothers in arms to die, only to come home and find out "THEIR BEING CLOSE DOWN"..... Not to mention other regiments, which have historical value; soldiers who fought for them in WW1 & WW2 if many were still alive would spit in Hoon's face for this backstabbing policy of his
Sat 18/12/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Riiiiight...so being shot and slowly bleeding to death now is different to being shot 100 years ago? Being stabbed or hit by shrapnel is different too, is it? You sound like a clown, I don't like you. Don't you think the regiments that won all these historic battles were formed from other regiments? It happens over time, and it's called "progress".
Sat 18/12/04 at 11:43
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
chippxero, I would have thought it would have been painful to die in battle the old ways... Even only 100 or more years ago, like during such was as Napolanic Wars, War for Independance and American Civil War it was noted that soldiers died in the most horrific manner.

Suppose thats the benefit of modern warfare, a quick death. If then you do survive and get badly injured atleast we have good medicine also to relieve pain, and I'll tell ya chippxero I would rather die quickly than die slowly being bayonnetted through the stomache, so please don't bring back the good old times
Fri 17/12/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Captain to you."
RoJ wrote:
> This isn't the Crusades chump. We don't need thousands upon thousands
> of men. Battles aren't fought in the open anymore. Who is Britain
> going to attack? France? Like lalakers said it's only making the
> army more streamlined and flexible.

I wish we did have thousands and thousands of men all lined up with spears and swords smashing in to each other on the battlefield leaving a beautiful mess the next morning :D

i miss the old times :(

and damn straight the frenchies would get it.

not just the french incase that comment offends all the other countrys
Fri 17/12/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Not a Jew"
This isn't the Crusades chump. We don't need thousands upon thousands of men. Battles aren't fought in the open anymore. Who is Britain going to attack? France? Like lalakers said it's only making the army more streamlined and flexible.
Fri 17/12/04 at 21:12
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Seemingly not.
Fri 17/12/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
monkey_man wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> this doesn't take a genius.
>
> I suppose it's God's doing, then?

can see this going wildly off topic soon.
Fri 17/12/04 at 21:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Forest Fan wrote:
> this doesn't take a genius.

I suppose it's God's doing, then?
Fri 17/12/04 at 21:01
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Shrinking the army, moving closer to Europe, hmmm... this doesn't take a genius.
Fri 17/12/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> However, what they are very good at, due to their design, is counter
> attacking Russia. Which isn't exactly something we need to worry
> about these days. Plus, they are not quite as fast as I think they
> ought to be.

One of my ex-lecturers told us once that Soviet fighter pilots used to defect in their MiGs, and the Americans would laugh at the ancient circuits and construction of the planes. Then they figured out that they were designed to be flyable after a nuclear blast, which American fighter jets can't do.
Fri 17/12/04 at 18:58
"I love yo... lamp."
lcarus wrote:
> Why are they specifically good for counterattacking Russia?

OK, nothing particular about anti-Russian capabilities, merely they were designed during the Cold War and will come in a variety of specs, including pure fighters and ground attack aircraft.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.