GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear Oh dear all seems a bit familiar the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
What is going on with Nintendo I thought that after all these years of fobbing us off with inferior tripe that was graphically no better than a SNES game they have managed to pull it off again.

I have seen screens of Mario DS, some really ropey Ngage racer port and of the Ridge Racer game and they are shocking, no textures, blocky graphics and
no better than a first gen PS1 game.

Having seen a comparison between the DS ridge racer game and PSP ridge racer game there is only one your are gonna want to play on and it ain't the one with the gimmicey stylus.

Nintendo DS stands the (Dier System), this console was realised and produced in a year and it shows.
Wed 15/12/04 at 21:58
Regular
*laughs*

I've said it once and I'll say it again the (to soon be) £50 GBA system that plays simple games will win the handheld war.

DS will test the waters for Revolution. Sony will just have some high end gadget for gadget geeks to own.
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:22
Regular
But what does a 12 year old know about anything anyway?
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I still can't understand why SONY have done nothing to improve on this though, other than, perhaps, to supply you with a mains adapter for each one, which is a mandatory thing with consoles anyway.

They may be all high-and-mighty with their PlayStations and world-wide unbeatable success in the sales' charts, but do they not realise how hard people are laughing right back at them with the DIRE battery life of the PSP?!

I don't see how this will affect people's choice if they really want one, though. And I can see the DS winning this battle with comfort in the same way Nintendo handhelds have almost always done, simply for the games on-show, as opposed to those of the PSP.

But how can you slate something you haven't even played?
You said it yourself - you've only seen the screenshots of certain games.
Yes, it is a "new console". But, it is still only a hand-held, dedicated to a new ways of interaction with games.

What, were you expecting something that would surpass the X-Box, here??
Anyway, if you want to knock something simply for its appearences, take a look at everyone's faourite, the PS2. While it has sold by the articulate lorry-load, you have to admit that even the "puny" GameCube puts it to bed in the graphics department!
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:02
Regular
It always surprises me just how wrong some people can be.
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:00
Regular
You rackist
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Whereas PSP will be a handheld completely over-run by original and inventive new titles...

Muuuuuuuuuh.
Wed 15/12/04 at 16:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Nah, i think he's German.
Wed 15/12/04 at 16:56
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> T score 04 wrote:
> Dier
>
> Ahahaha, oh dear.

It appears to me that it's a typo of "Dire"

And he was going for "Dire System"

He's just typo-ed it.
Wed 15/12/04 at 16:52
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> Have fun playing 2 hours and 40 minutes of Ridge Racers a time on your
> PSP.

I heard it was an hour and a half.
Wed 15/12/04 at 16:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
T score 04 wrote:
> Dier

Ahahaha, oh dear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.