GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear Oh dear all seems a bit familiar the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
What is going on with Nintendo I thought that after all these years of fobbing us off with inferior tripe that was graphically no better than a SNES game they have managed to pull it off again.

I have seen screens of Mario DS, some really ropey Ngage racer port and of the Ridge Racer game and they are shocking, no textures, blocky graphics and
no better than a first gen PS1 game.

Having seen a comparison between the DS ridge racer game and PSP ridge racer game there is only one your are gonna want to play on and it ain't the one with the gimmicey stylus.

Nintendo DS stands the (Dier System), this console was realised and produced in a year and it shows.
Mon 20/12/04 at 09:58
"Majestic"
It surely is !
Mon 20/12/04 at 02:29
Regular
That's an impressive list of faults.
Mon 20/12/04 at 01:58
"Majestic"
[URL]http://www.nintendonow.com/index.php?categoryid=5&m_articles_articleid=1796[/URL] if you want to read why PSP will flop. Lots of reading, but it may well be worth it.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Revolution will have an in built camera and yes, it probably will have a touchscreen controller, which means that to have a full set of 4 you'll have to spend about £120. Rubbish.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:33
Regular
do u think they could turn this technology into a controler for the next gen console? wonder if it would make home gaming better.
Sun 19/12/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
It's not complicated at all. At first I thought that too, but after using the system extensively you begin to wonder why didn't they think of these things before? It's hard to revert back to anything with one screen and featureless after using one, you begin to get so used to it.
Sun 19/12/04 at 16:11
Regular
I believe you when you say the DS is better. But is it an ideal handheld???

Is it ideal to take on holiday with you, for example.

All thise microphone, wi-fi, touch screen malarky sounds a tad more complicated to me than a simple, cheap, easy handheld machine.
Sun 19/12/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
It is a handheld, just something different, new and fresh at that.
When you play a Gameboy Advance game after using one, (I think) there is a longing for a second screen, it's like something is missing (obviously)when you are playing a GBA game after playing the NDS for so long. There's a real 'need' for it, it's hard to explain.
Sun 19/12/04 at 13:16
Regular
Yeah but the system isn't really a handheld, more of an innovative device.

For pure, simple, handheld gaming.

GBA all the way.

And I meant baseball...

I'm a fool.
Sun 19/12/04 at 00:25
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Dringo wrote:

> Console to choose? GBA. Best handheld EVER!

I would disagree- I'd say the best is the Nintendo DS, although it is in Early stages I would put money on it surpassing GBA at some stage.
The NDS is so innovative it's nice to have something fresh to tinker around with and the possibilities with that machine are endless!!
Can you imagine GTA on it? The ideas I can think of....wow!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.