GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear Oh dear all seems a bit familiar the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
What is going on with Nintendo I thought that after all these years of fobbing us off with inferior tripe that was graphically no better than a SNES game they have managed to pull it off again.

I have seen screens of Mario DS, some really ropey Ngage racer port and of the Ridge Racer game and they are shocking, no textures, blocky graphics and
no better than a first gen PS1 game.

Having seen a comparison between the DS ridge racer game and PSP ridge racer game there is only one your are gonna want to play on and it ain't the one with the gimmicey stylus.

Nintendo DS stands the (Dier System), this console was realised and produced in a year and it shows.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:27
Regular
"and PC user"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> Another reason why there might well be more reports of Sony PS2
> problems is that there are MORE PS2 out there - so there will be
> more
> problems. Nintendo have far less hardware in use, so there is bound
> to be less problems reported.
>
> How did you come to this conclusion then.
>
> Surely problems with the console shouldn't be there in the first
> place....

Thats right, they shouldnt, but its the same with anything you buy. You can buy a £2000 PC laptop and have problems with it.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:24
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> Another reason why there might well be more reports of Sony PS2
> problems is that there are MORE PS2 out there - so there will be more
> problems. Nintendo have far less hardware in use, so there is bound
> to be less problems reported.

How did you come to this conclusion then.

Surely problems with the console shouldn't be there in the first place....
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:23
"Majestic"
T score 04 wrote:
> Desperate Ninty fanboys will cling onto anything that gives them hope
> that Nintendo is not going to sink without a trace.

Oh look, its a PSP fan boy blind and oblivious to the truth, 'trying to cling onto some hope that' PSP won't be beaten by Nintendo.

Its ok though, if you want PS2 ports - go for it! If you want those PS2 ports on a machine that only plays for 90 minutes - go for it! I cannot understand why anybody would want to buy a PS2 port on a PSP for more money, to play it for less time, on a smaller screen.

And don't say 'well, its portable' because its not, really. You're better off taking your PS2 with you, and buying a small screen - then plugging that into your car. At least you may be able to get a few more hours enjoyment that way.

Those list of faults may not be true, and I'm sure DS has its faults too. I don't want to go down as a 'ninty fanboy' because I'm not. My cube has a think layer of dust on the top - i would have sold it, but for twenty pounds trade in value, i think I'd rather keep it for one game next year.

*points*
Look over there, a PSP with 12 hours battery life!
*runs*
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:23
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Double Screen

Why not spend the money on a single descent screen, instead of low resolution recycled mobile phone screens.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:21
Regular
"\\"
You two are just morons.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:19
Regular
"and PC user"
Another reason why there might well be more reports of Sony PS2 problems is that there are MORE PS2 out there - so there will be more problems. Nintendo have far less hardware in use, so there is bound to be less problems reported.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:18
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Does anyone really care what the next Nintendo home console is gonna be like, no-one gonna buy it.

Playstation2 has shortages this Xmas, that is something only a GC could dream about. Even at £99 with 4 games they can't shift it.

A lot of people were shocked at Dixons for not selling VCR's anymore however could it be they understand technology changes and that systems like the Cube and vcr's are not what people want anymore.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:17
Regular
DiscoDexy wrote:
> [URL]http://www.nintendonow.com/index.php?categoryid=5&m_articles_articleid=1796[/URL]
> if you want to read why PSP will flop. Lots of reading, but it may
> well be worth it.

Er.

Are you forgetting that that article is from a Nintendo bias?

I'm sure the DS has faults as well
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:16
Regular
"\\"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> [URL]http://www.nintendonow.com/index.php?categoryid=5&m_articles_articleid=1796[/URL]
> if you want to read why PSP will flop. Lots of reading, but it may
> well be worth it.

Oh dear. About 3 of those 11 points were valid (-the ones that were repeated). I'm not in favour of the PSP or DS, just saying that list of faults is just silly.

"WE HAV FF OMG WTF!"

Eh?

Eitherway, I'm sure the DS too has a list of faults.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:10
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Desperate Ninty fanboys will cling onto anything that gives them hope that Nintendo is not going to sink without a trace.

If you go over to Gamespot, they suggest that these faults are not wide spread and only isolated incidents.

Probably Nintendo fanboys trying to stir it.

The fact of the matter is Nintendo are scared and so they should be, the PSP is slicker, has better technology and much better graphics.

If PSP is a dead duck why are there more developers for the PSP than the DS could it be that they can't be bothered to hack their games so much to get it on a 256MB cartridge (laughs out loud).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.