GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear Oh dear all seems a bit familiar the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
What is going on with Nintendo I thought that after all these years of fobbing us off with inferior tripe that was graphically no better than a SNES game they have managed to pull it off again.

I have seen screens of Mario DS, some really ropey Ngage racer port and of the Ridge Racer game and they are shocking, no textures, blocky graphics and
no better than a first gen PS1 game.

Having seen a comparison between the DS ridge racer game and PSP ridge racer game there is only one your are gonna want to play on and it ain't the one with the gimmicey stylus.

Nintendo DS stands the (Dier System), this console was realised and produced in a year and it shows.
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:42
Regular
I will agree their, the cubes unpopularity is good news for the less well off and makes their used games a much more reasonable price.
Mon 20/12/04 at 22:31
Regular
sometimes they sale off un sold games at dead cheap prices, i got rocky and resident evil for a couple of quid each.
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:34
Regular
"-_-"
i dont eman stock more. I mean stock more games. And no probably not. Do people actually buy games from appliance stores?
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:30
Regular
if dixons were to have stocked more, would they have sold them?
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:17
Regular
"-_-"
T score 04 wrote:
> Does anyone really care what the next Nintendo home console is gonna
> be like, no-one gonna buy it.
Anyone being who? you and Sony fans? Wow lets listen to them.
>
> Playstation2 has shortages this Xmas, that is something only a GC
> could dream about. Even at £99 with 4 games they can't shift
> it.
>
PS2 has shortages because this is there marketing ploy. "lose" an amount of Consoles so next year it looks like you sell a lot next year. Also builds up demand.
> A lot of people were shocked at Dixons for not selling VCR's anymore
> however could it be they understand technology changes and that
> systems like the Cube and vcr's are not what people want anymore.
VCR's have been around 20 odd years and tape has revolutionised the way we watch TV. It has been replaced by newer technology.
No one ive ever seen bought a gamecube game (or cube) from dixons. This is because they never updated their game list. They had Scooby doo games but didnt have games like wind waker,SSBM,mazzas sunshine. Hell i thik they must hvave had about 5 games on the shelves. Thsi isnt because "nintendo are rubbish coz sony are better" it is because dixons are almost as dumb as you.
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:12
Regular
"-_-"
T score and macintosh are the same people...both registered same amount of time and each one replied to anothers post in 1 minute. (look down the list)
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:45
Regular
"and PC user"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> Thats right, they shouldnt, but its the same with anything you buy.
> You can buy a £2000 PC laptop and have problems with it.
>
> Of course you can.
>
> But say if you purchased another £2000 laptop, would you expect
> both of them to have problems?

I does happen. And just so we dont get hung up on the "complex" nature of the insides of a PC being the only problem, you can also buy other stuff like TV, HIFI, Kitchen stuff, which can also suffer failures.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:29
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> Thats right, they shouldnt, but its the same with anything you buy.
> You can buy a £2000 PC laptop and have problems with it.

Of course you can.

But say if you purchased another £2000 laptop, would you expect both of them to have problems?
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:28
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Your Cube is worth £20 trade-in. Take it mate won't get a better offer.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:28
"Majestic"
heh, just drifts over my points...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.