GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who hasn't cut themselves?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/12/04 at 20:02
Regular
"I'm busy"
is it just me, or do other people do it too?
Mon 06/12/04 at 11:23
Regular
"long time"
yep ! quite strange !
Mon 06/12/04 at 11:16
Light wrote:

> She was (among her many other deep seated psychological problems) a
> regular self harmer. She's also a psychologist and was able to
> analyse why she did it to a certain extent. And it was basically
> because she was too meek and rubbish to actually express her
> anger/distress at the things in her life. So rather than bother other
> people about it, she took it out on herself. But did so in a nice,
> visible way that everyone can see.
>

Does anyone else find this seriously wrong, as in a psychologist who is qualified in dishing out advice to unstable people is just as mentally whacko as they are?
Mon 06/12/04 at 11:09
Regular
"long time"
i sort of agree with you light !ive always been told if you dont ask for help you wont get it !cant feel sorry for people who feel sorry for themselfs & wont ask for help !
Mon 06/12/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> Hey, I'm not the one who got all sniffy about me talking out of my ass
> and tried to make me care by the heart-rending story of the 48yr old
> woman.
>
> Go be a Samaritan if you feel that strongly, just don't try and tell
> me that my opinions are wrong. They're not, they're my opinions on a
> bunch of mopey wannabe-suicidals that lack the balls to go all the
> way and end it.
> And, instead, choose to slash themselves and fey about.
> It's a cliche, a timewaste of sympathy. You want sympathy or
> understanding? Then at least have the courage to try and hang
> yourself instead of this half-assed "Look, I bleed, see how
> confused and upset I am?" routine.
>
> Life sucks. Wear a helmet.

I've just forwarded the majority of what you've said about cutting to the ex-Mrs Light as it covers precisely how I feel about it; attention seeking inability to deal with the world and how howwid it is to poor ickle me.

She was (among her many other deep seated psychological problems) a regular self harmer. She's also a psychologist and was able to analyse why she did it to a certain extent. And it was basically because she was too meek and rubbish to actually express her anger/distress at the things in her life. So rather than bother other people about it, she took it out on herself. But did so in a nice, visible way that everyone can see.

I therefore don't really have a huge amount of sympathy for regular self harmers. Grow up, look around you. It's a big bad world out there, and you're on your own. You can, if you wish, continue finding new ways to try to get people to ask earnest-faced and sympathetic voiced, if anything is wrong. Theres nothing to stop you gently pointing the world to the conclusion that you're a bedwetting little wallflower who is there to be ignored and shown the same level of respect that one would normally reserve for a Pro Life Klansman. But to be honest, it's far better to just pull yourself together and get on with living your life.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I cut myself...........

with the scissors.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:31
Regular
"cachoo"
Haldisa wrote:
> Is there even a person in the world who does it and doesn't want
> someone to see it?
>
> Yes, there is.

Fair enough. I just don't see it because I've never experienced it, thassall.
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:16
Regular
I once stabbed a cigarette out on my arm, but it was more to do with losing grip on reality, needed something to wake me up. It was an odd moment, it was bought on by voices, I still don't understand the full reason why I did it.

But as far as I see it, cutting yourself is an outlet for the fearful, perhaps not entirely attention grabbing, but pointless all the same.

I honestly believe it's all down to fear, fear of what's around you, of doing anything.. self-pity that well, nobody deserves. You can't give into it, no matter how weak you believe you are.

Maybe it's a control thing. Perhaps people become so afraid of feeling things that they can't control, that they cut themselves just for a feeling that they're in control of. Makes sense to me anyway.
Sun 05/12/04 at 19:53
Regular
Yeah I get cuts too.
Sun 05/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Ms NY wrote:

> Is there even a person in the world who does it and doesn't want
> someone to see it?

Yes, there is.
Sun 05/12/04 at 19:26
"period drama"
I've got a scar ... on my knuckle ... from where a ragged tin of dog-food attacked me.
Does that count?

I must say, I did make me feel better.
No the blood and the pain and the outlet for my second-hand emotion - but excessive sweaing is always a fantastic way to feel better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.