GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better a tooth pick or a Stylus?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 16:14
Regular
Just thought this might be an interesting one.

Have a bit of a session with your mates and get to some food stuck inbetween your teeth do you try and find a tooth pick or just use the stylus?

Is there some safety concerns here?
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:57
Regular
So back onto Stylus and touchscreens...

Just admit that the DS is a sound piece of equiptment and that although you're more interested in the PSP, having enjoyed the PS2's own offering, you still admire Nintendo for doing what they do best.

Then you'll atleast walk away with a shred of dignity! :-)
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:53
Regular
"and PC user"
As far as Trackpad's go, they are cr@p. They are not as precise as a mouse, and they dont always respond very well to touch - I know this, as I am using one now. Anyone who considers using a Trackpad for App's such as PhotoShop, CorelDraw, needs a brain transplant. And know, I dont use those app's on this computer (the one with the trackpad).
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:45
Regular
"-_-"
lol hell probably say.
"the psp is the best because people wnt it who wants touch screen when you can have a sony and play dvd's?"

hurhur
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So Macintosh where are your replies to all my comments? In fact where are your replies to ALL the comments?
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:24
Regular
"-_-"
Top score wrote:
> Perhaps Nintendo should include a homing device on the Stylus so if
> anyone loses it they can find it again.
>
> No don't be stupid, Ninty fanboys will just go out a buy another one
> and pay 4.99 for a glorified pencil more profit in that.

Ok sorry just read back and saw this...you guys should read the last page an read down the lists to the one before this post. Top score uses an argument then when he is proved undeniably wrong (thanks to gerrid in this case :D) he starts a completely "new" argument or stae which he used a few pages ago and was proved wrong...It's a hilarious cycle :D
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:22
Regular
"-_-"
> - Thats where have different views. If it were pratical, I would
> prefer a larger PDA so it could have a proper set of keys rather than
> a stylus/touch screen. Afterall, laptop computers have qwerty
> keyboards.
>
>

Ho ho ho.... And by portable gaming standards sitting down with it on your lap would not really count as a handheld console-you see hand held consoles are held in the hand. It would be impossible to stand up using keys at the same time you are typing with both hands (i say this because most games require 2 hands) it would have to float in the air or you would need a stand.

Point 2) Ohhhh this is a good one..... a very good one. Youre going on about how you like to use keys and things on laptops. The keys are mainly for typing, not for navigating everything. For this you use a mouse, if you have a mouse you need something to rest it on right? So! The develpers thought"what is the best solution around this?" And then they put touch pads instead of mice on laptops. The vast majority all use this and while it is not a touch screen it still uses touch input so it is almost exactly the same as touch screens apart from the screen :S

point 3) Sorry to spoil it for eveyone but macintosh and t score should stop referring to them as keys, as the psp does not use keys either it uses buttons. If you dont start talking about buttons instead of keys you are arguing against the psp's control method as well.

Thanks for reading boyos :P
Dom
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:04
Regular
"and PC user"
From what I see on the net, they cant keep up with demand - so someone is buying them for sure. Wonder if there are any on ebay yet?
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:26
Regular
"Random by default"
Sony expected to of produced 500,000 before the end of 2004. They managed to get out 510,000.

At least thats what i read, didnt read anything about selling them.
Fri 07/01/05 at 16:46
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> Sony have sold about 510,000 units, and it took only 2-3 weeks. They
> have sold every one - so I dont see how anyone can say that nobody
> wants one.
>
> No you're lying, there were only 350,000 avalible before Christmas
> and 500,000 by the end of 2005. Sony have not sold that in 2-3 weeks,
> they barely sold 200,000 in that time.

pwned
Fri 07/01/05 at 15:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And UMD - DVD comparison is far far off the mark. THe main reason is that only Sony produce UMDs where as many manufacturers produced DVD players from the ouset. There aren't enough devices that use the UMD for it to become mainstream enough to be a benefit - it'll go the way of mini disc albums because only Sony MiniDiscs support them. UMD is fine for games but it's no reason to buy the PSP console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.