GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better a tooth pick or a Stylus?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 16:14
Regular
Just thought this might be an interesting one.

Have a bit of a session with your mates and get to some food stuck inbetween your teeth do you try and find a tooth pick or just use the stylus?

Is there some safety concerns here?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
... and
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:17
Regular
"and PC user"
You can input hot spots where the mouse can jump to straight away.

And while you can press directly on the touch screen, where you want to go, what about if you need to pull the stylus over the screen surface. Sort of a drag and drop type movement. When you do that, you can "run out of space" just like using a mouse.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The options that touchscreen gives you are not the same as with a mouse or keyboard or D PAD, that's the whole point. It means you can play different kinds of games. It's something that Macintosh can't seem to grasp.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:15
Regular
"-_-"
doing that fats is very hard....welll sed
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Of course touchscreens aren't as good for PCs. Mainly because they're very expensive and tiring to hold your hand up to the screen the whole time.

BUT THE DS ISN'T A PC. And talking of precision, I'd like you to do a little experiment. Pick a letter anywhere on the page, I choose the y in the Playstation 2 link on the left of the screen. Now, from the bottom tight of the screen, try and get your mouse there in one smooth quick motion, stopping immediately on the link. Almost impossible isn't it? Now get a pen and touch the letter. See how much easier that is?

Now Macintosh I'd like a response to all my previous points.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
"-_-"
ok i hate to disagree with you lot but i would say touch screens arent all that great for pc stuff....just saying when microsoft tried to release those smart displays which never took off...
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:06
Regular
Touchscreen isn't like a trackpad though.
It's more like touch screen.

So instead of touching some black pad, trying to move the mouse about, you simply touch the screen what you want to do.
That's even better than the mouse.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:05
Regular
"-_-"
k people might think theyre crappy but theyre on all the bloomin laptops :P
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm afraid your logic is flawed, mainly because you are just speculating.

"Because my trakcpad isn't as good as a mouse, the DS touchscreen must be flawed"

See the missing link there? You're the one who illogically compared the DS to a laptop. So what would you rather have? A mouse on the DS?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:03
Regular
"and PC user"
So after the stylus was compared to trackpads, and that some how made it alright as trackpads are used on laptops - meaning therefore the stylus must be ok, I demonstrated that trackpads are infact not very good - so therefore I might say that since trackpads are poor, so is stylus input - afterall they are both "touch devices".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.