GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better a tooth pick or a Stylus?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 16:14
Regular
Just thought this might be an interesting one.

Have a bit of a session with your mates and get to some food stuck inbetween your teeth do you try and find a tooth pick or just use the stylus?

Is there some safety concerns here?
Sat 08/01/05 at 00:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> 1) You reach the edge of the screen, and have to lift of the screen
> and press down again on the other side, then draw again which makes
> the game scroll over into view. Not ideal, as lifting of the screen
> can make the game "think" you have given up.

Once again Macintosh's uninformed posts would actually be helped by playing the thing he so fails to critise.

If you want to write a cogent argument, you need to know what you're talking about. You obviously don't.
Fri 07/01/05 at 23:47
"period drama"
Macintosh wrote:
> 1) You reach the edge of the screen, and have to lift of the screen
> and press down again on the other side, then draw again which makes
> the game scroll over into view. Not ideal, as lifting of the screen
> can make the game "think" you have given up.
>
> 2) You reach the edge of the screen, the games appear's to hesitate a
> bit, then the game scrolls over into view.
>
>
> You get the same thing with a mouse, or trackpad whenever trying to
> reach the software which is on or just beyond the edge of your
> screen.

Nononononono, you idiot.
There's basically an analogue stick drawn onto the bottom screen, with the different levels of sensitivity shaded in - you don't have to constantly move the stylus up the screen to go upwards, you giant asshat, you just leave it in one place, on the edge of the circle.

Muh.
+ muh
++ AHAHAhAHahHAhHAHHAHhHAhAHhHAh
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Anyway -

You say that the DS touchscreen is no good. Why? Because PDAs use touchscreens and they aren't as good as keyboards.

I say that it doesn't matter because the DS isn't a PC or a PDA, and the touchscreen is perfect for playing DS games which are designed to use a touchscreen

You say the touchscreen is inaccurate, having never used one

I say it isn't and I know because I have one

You say the touchscreen isn't good for PCs because it isn't the standard input

Again I say that it doesn't matter because the DS isn't a PC

So what exactly is your criticism of the touchscreen? It seems to be that it isn't necessary. I would like to see you attempt to play Feel the Magic or the mini games in Mario DS without the touchscreen, and see how far you get. The touchscreen allows for a different type of game, a game where you don't control what you do via buttons, but by touching a screen. It's really very simple - maybe it requires you to actually play the DS to understand, but most people seem to be able to understand without playing.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Macintosh wrote:
> You can input hot spots where the mouse can jump to straight away.
>
> And while you can press directly on the touch screen, where you want
> to go, what about if you need to pull the stylus over the screen
> surface. Sort of a drag and drop type movement. When you do that, you
> can "run out of space" just like using a mouse.

That wasn't even an arguement?

I mean, come on, how can you be that dense?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
go team me
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:35
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> No matter, where are your replies to my previous comments? Shall I
> drag them up for you?

Light v FF .v2
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No matter, where are your replies to my previous comments? Shall I drag them up for you?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
... so your point is?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:32
Regular
"and PC user"
Ok you have the game enviroment which is often larger than the screen. So, if in a game, you have do some kind a drawing movement on the screen, you can only move to the edge of the screen, but some games can go beyond the edge of the screen. So what usually would happen, is...

1) You reach the edge of the screen, and have to lift of the screen and press down again on the other side, then draw again which makes the game scroll over into view. Not ideal, as lifting of the screen can make the game "think" you have given up.

2) You reach the edge of the screen, the games appear's to hesitate a bit, then the game scrolls over into view.

You get the same thing with a mouse, or trackpad whenever trying to reach the software which is on or just beyond the edge of your screen.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:21
Regular
"-_-"
if its all on one screen how do you run out of space? i dont understand your question...again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.