GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Cube made me realise something."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/12/04 at 16:55
Regular
Firstly, as some people on this forum will know, I was an avid Xbox fanboy. After managing to mature and open my doors to other areas of gaming, I was introduced to the Gamecube by my fellow forum friends (emphasis on the alliteration) and purchased one to see what it was like. Impressed with what was on offer I bought many games, until, due to financial circumstances, it had to go.

Bring forward one year, I've shed my love for the Xbox and repurchased a Gamecube. Don't get me wrong, the Xbox is a great console, it's just it didn't interest me anymore. I became fed up with "Realistic Racer #121531443" and all of the 'realistic games' that are on offer. Gamecube had that 'thing', the 'thing' that puts the fun into gaming once again. I remember playing the Amiga and loving all the quirky little games like James Pond and Super Frog, all that just isn't really there on say the PS2 or Xbox.

It's these games that are unique, they offer that fun factor that anyone can play. Which leads me onto the title of the post, The Gamecube made me realise that Nintendo really do make fun games, proved by a session on Mario Kart: DD yesterday with my family. Thats right, you heard it, my family for christs sake. The controls were easily adapted to by my Mum and Dad and my brothers and sister enjoyed the frantic racing.

"So what? I play with my GC with my sisters and brothers all the time" I hear you cry, well lets put things straight here, other then myself, my family never ever played with me on my Xbox, the games were just too complicated for them to really understand. With Mario Kart, you just pick up the game, press A and go. There's nothing more to it, it sounds boring on paper, but it's as funny as hell in the game when you manage to plant a green koopa shell in the back of your sisters kart.

Yeah, it might of just been a Christmas thing, but It's made me realise that the Gamecube is a fun console to have and holds the potential for excellent multiplayer gaming.

It's made me realise that the Gamecube is, for once in my life, a console that I will keep until it's replaced with the next one up.

Heres to the future.

gamesfreak.
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:45
Regular
There are 30 per world.

If you go on the map and hover over the worlds it should tell you how many of them you have got for that level.

The mountain is not a world, just a level.
Mon 03/01/05 at 16:25
Regular
"0228"
I'm pretty certain that it's 30 in each level but I haven't actually got them all myself so I'm not the most reliable source.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:35
Regular
There aren't 30 blue coins on each level. I thought there were just random amounts on each one.

Which makes searching for them even more annoying.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> And I'm sure there are 20 blue coins on Corono Mountain.

There's just 10 there.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:24
Regular
"0228"
munn wrote:
> That can't be right though, as you get the very first shine from the
> airport, then you go back and get another.

It could be two from the airport and 17 from Delfino Plaza. I'm not totally sure.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:18
Regular
JFH wrote:
> There are seven levels each containing eleven shines (7 x 11 = 77) and
> Delfino Plaza contains a further 18 shines (77 + 18 = 95) and one on
> the airport (95 + 1 = 96). The remaining 24 come from getting the
> blue coins.
>
> There are 30 blue coins in each level (30 x 7 = 210), ten on Corona
> Mountain (210 + 10 = 220) and twenty split between Delfino Plaza and
> the airport (240 + 20 = 240).

That can't be right though, as you get the very first shine from the airport, then you go back and get another.
And I'm sure there are 20 blue coins on Corono Mountain.
I haven't played in a while though, so I'm probably wrong.
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:52
Regular
"0228"
There are seven levels each containing eleven shines (7 x 11 = 77) and Delfino Plaza contains a further 18 shines (77 + 18 = 95) and one on the airport (95 + 1 = 96). The remaining 24 come from getting the blue coins.

There are 30 blue coins in each level (30 x 7 = 210), ten on Corona Mountain (210 + 10 = 220) and twenty split between Delfino Plaza and the airport (240 + 20 = 240).
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:46
Regular
I think there is 8 levels, each one holding 8 stages.

Correct me if I'm wrong mind.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:14
Regular
"boom boom click"
how many levels are there on SMsunsine as i thin i have unlocked them all but there arent very many!
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I got every blue coin on Sunshine.

If they'd made those Shines into proper platforming shines, like the frankly genius ones on some of the levels (the giant ray on that hotel, or the brilliant cloud on on Pianta Village, i think it's called), then it'd of been much, much better.

As it is, Sunshine is outstanding, but at times a little underwhelming. Noki Bay pwns all things ever.

And the FLUDD-less bits were fantastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.