GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAME - where have all the Cubes gone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 15:12
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
This is an issue close to my heart and I know its said many times but i'm saying it again.

I went into my local GAME yesterday and to my amazement the Gamecube shelf space has shrunk even smaller. It really was a pitiful sight and quite embarrassing for a die hard Nintendo fan.

The shelf space is now just one block. There were the usual top five slots which were virtually empty and then the 'selection' of naff games underneath. Now yes I suppose you could look at it 2 ways, either they've all sold out (which is laughably unlikely) or that GAME just can't be ars*d with the Gamecube anymore (which I KNOW is whats happening).

Woollies now have hardly any Gamecube stuff. Dixons, Currys, Comet and all those electrical retailers stopped selling it months ago and it looks like even GAME are now on the 'dump Cube' runaway train.

3 years into the life of the N64 was better than this and that was considered a commercial flop.
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah they do that to get out of any legal wranglings with the developer getting annoyed for releasing heir game early, I think.
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:25
Regular
"0228"
I just claimed it as a GAD. I should only have to wait a few months to receive it.
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:19
Regular
Aye, I've just recieved an email from SR saying that it was
despatched on 06/01/2005.

I'm amazed - sending emails backwards through time without leaving a temporal gateway open!
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:11
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Edgy wrote:
> I won't suck up and say I buy all my games from SR.
>
> However, when they do good deals (not saying unbeatable, but
> definately good) I'll buy from them.
>
> Hence I can't wait for my Zelda 4 Swords to arrive Friday with an
> extra link lead for £29.99

yeh i buy from sr when they have great because im a member so i get reddy points.anyway i cant wait for zelda.i have pre ordered it.so i prob went get till nxt stock.so its coming out on friday?
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:08
Regular
I won't suck up and say I buy all my games from SR.

However, when they do good deals (not saying unbeatable, but definately good) I'll buy from them.

Hence I can't wait for my Zelda 4 Swords to arrive Friday with an extra link lead for £29.99
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:03
Regular
"kill my enemys"
if you go into the right price i tend to buy games at sr but sometimes i go to places such as dixons for games for 29.99.
Wed 05/01/05 at 18:54
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Actually high street prices at Game and Gamestation tend to be
> £32.99
>

Not in Cardiff.

It all depends on local retailers. Game have a price matching policy so they drop their prices to whatever the competitors are doing in the locality. Gamestation promise unbeatable prices and so, do the same.

Small retailers drop their prices because they're not greedy like Game and Gamestation and so force them to drop their prices.

£32.99 is normally the online price.
Wed 05/01/05 at 16:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Haha :P

pwned.
Wed 05/01/05 at 16:38
Regular
Top score wrote:
> Nintendo had the edge with the N64 and look what happened there.

Yeah they made a mistake, they don't seem to be doing it again.

And Sony have sold 327,000 consoles of the 500,000 avalible...

Nintendo have sold over a million.
Wed 05/01/05 at 16:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
... Isn't that a comparison with the home console market? And what installed user base? Where's Sony's previous hanheld customers?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.