GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Give me some reasons why I shouldn't kill myself""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/10/04 at 13:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Before we start: notice the quote marks around the title - I'm not going to kill myself. However s##t my life may get at any time in the future, I have several very valid reasons that will stay my hand every time the merest suggestion of it crosses my mind. Not going to happen.

This topic is about what reasons you would give someone else to try and persuade them not to do it. We're not talking about when you walk in and find your best mate with a shotgun in his mouth and you hastily try and stop him from redecorating the wall in Hint Of BrainTM, but I'm thinking more along the lines of someone who is close to you and has slowly gotten down and depressed and can't seem to see any valid reasons for carrying on.

Just to add more, erm, fun to the proceedings you have to imagine that the person you're giving reasons to has written stuff in her diary that basically says she doesn't she any reason why not to do it, has cut herself in the past, is in the midst of a hormonal roller-coaster ride at 14 years old and has just attended her best friend's funeral who killed herself a month ago.
Sun 24/10/04 at 14:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I also wonder why people wonder 'why am I here?'

What a stupid question - I could just as easily ask 'Why shouldn't you be?'

There's no answer, so don't bother. Hardly philosophical of me, but hey, that's what I think.
Sun 24/10/04 at 14:00
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I've been on many a teenage depression.

Then I started college. The happiest I've been since primary school, but oddly I've had even more downers. I'm on one, right now. Sometimes I wonder what the point in everything is. I wonder what my place is. I fear being alone. All stupid for an eighteen-year-old I suppose, but you do wonder what life'd be like without you.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed - I mean no offence to anyone (and I'm sure I haven't "reached the depth" as some do), but I cannot see how suicide becomes an option - to some in utter and total despair after losing all their family or something...

Hopefully, I never will understand.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Good god, suicidal tendancies at 14?
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Suicide has brushed my head, but then I thought - what's the point? I can't solve anything.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:49
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Oh dear.

All you can do is tell her that there are people who will want to kill themselves if she kills herself. That's what disuaded me. Suicide crosses everybody's minds.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Aye.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:40
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Is that final part based on true events, Tim?
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I tried so hard not to laugh at that.

Damn you, monkey_man!
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Make up an elaborate sock puppet play showing the after-effects. You can fill one sock with mince and a small explosive charge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.