GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Give me some reasons why I shouldn't kill myself""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/10/04 at 13:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Before we start: notice the quote marks around the title - I'm not going to kill myself. However s##t my life may get at any time in the future, I have several very valid reasons that will stay my hand every time the merest suggestion of it crosses my mind. Not going to happen.

This topic is about what reasons you would give someone else to try and persuade them not to do it. We're not talking about when you walk in and find your best mate with a shotgun in his mouth and you hastily try and stop him from redecorating the wall in Hint Of BrainTM, but I'm thinking more along the lines of someone who is close to you and has slowly gotten down and depressed and can't seem to see any valid reasons for carrying on.

Just to add more, erm, fun to the proceedings you have to imagine that the person you're giving reasons to has written stuff in her diary that basically says she doesn't she any reason why not to do it, has cut herself in the past, is in the midst of a hormonal roller-coaster ride at 14 years old and has just attended her best friend's funeral who killed herself a month ago.
Sun 24/10/04 at 21:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Change is inevitable. At fourteen, there is no way your life can possibly stay the same for very long. If everything's great, it won't be forever. If you've got no motivation to live and things seem bleak, that will change sooner or later. All she has to do is sit it out, and at least try to be optimistic. Hope is a powerful thing.

And hey, you could always offer to pay for her to have a boob job...
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Cyclone wrote:

> What a stupid question - I could just as easily ask 'Why shouldn't
> you be?'

That is probably the clearest answer I've ever heard to the question.

14 and considering suicide. My heart aches for any child that considers this, it really does. I have never considered this. I have never been in a situation that could drive me to even consider it so really I'm not good at giving advice. Oh well, you're getting my tenpeneth worth anyway.

Have you spoken to her on a one to one basis? Telling her that you have considered it and all the reasons why you never do it? It may help her. I always think that someone so young believe that they are the only one in their situation and that no one else has been there. That is probably naive but I can't help that.

The only suicide attempt I ever experienced was a good friend of mine slitting his wrists over a girl. I went ballistic and told him how to do it properly. I also told him if he ever considered putting his mother through that again that he was to call me and I would make sure he did it correctly. Despite that fact that I was heartbroken at his attempt I never told him. However the shock factor of me telling him I would make sure he did it correctly meant he opened up about how affected he was by things in his life at that time. That tactic worked for him but will not necessarily work for your niece.
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:24
"slightlyshortertagl"
Timmargh wrote:
> wears a 36E
> bra and has offered me a feel of them on two separate occasions - I
> declined both times.

:|
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:22
Regular
"\\"
Wouldn't she be in year 10 now?
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:34
Regular
Perhaps this girl just needs some kind of purpose in life, something to shoot for.

Year 9 at school can be pretty rubbish. You're starting to get into the thick of the rubbish that is teenage society, and with GCSEs your next main milestone (which are two years away and don't mean much anyway), it's probably quite easy to think "what's the point?"

I know I haven't offered any kind of solution, but it's just a thought that might help.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:19
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Could be worse, regarding the boob situation.

They could be fake.

Fake t!ts are like Nazis. They don't laugh, they don't dance, they just point.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I've heard this a couple of times in the last 6 months that i considered to be serious and it's very, very difficult to talk them round.
I'd say remind her of what she can make of her life and keep pushing that things often get better, if she's clinically depressed she will go through these spells but they will get easier to cope with as she gets older.
I've always thought hope is the thing they need to find.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:00
Regular
"Twenty quid."
We've suggested to her mum that her finding out that she's reading her diary would be a bad thing, but she's the sort of woman who thinks she knows best.

As for the niece's boobs: I'm not her uncle, I'm her auntie's boyfriend. For reference purposes: she's 15 years old, wears a 36E bra and has offered me a feel of them on two separate occasions - I declined both times. While I freely admit to myself and her that they are a damn fine pair of boobs, there are some lines that should never be crossed.
Sun 24/10/04 at 16:38
Regular
I think if she found out people close to her were reading her diaries it might just upset her more. I don't keep a diary but if I thought someone knew all my intimate private thoughts and were judging me on them, I'd feel my privacy had been betrayed.

All you can really do is try to be a good friend to her and be there when she needs the company. A Big Tasty Meal from Mcdonalds is always a grin inducer.
Sun 24/10/04 at 16:12
Regular
On the original topic:

The only reason I would give someone not to kill themselves is, you may only get the chance of life once, and something so rare and precious, why waste it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.