GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Give me some reasons why I shouldn't kill myself""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/10/04 at 13:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Before we start: notice the quote marks around the title - I'm not going to kill myself. However s##t my life may get at any time in the future, I have several very valid reasons that will stay my hand every time the merest suggestion of it crosses my mind. Not going to happen.

This topic is about what reasons you would give someone else to try and persuade them not to do it. We're not talking about when you walk in and find your best mate with a shotgun in his mouth and you hastily try and stop him from redecorating the wall in Hint Of BrainTM, but I'm thinking more along the lines of someone who is close to you and has slowly gotten down and depressed and can't seem to see any valid reasons for carrying on.

Just to add more, erm, fun to the proceedings you have to imagine that the person you're giving reasons to has written stuff in her diary that basically says she doesn't she any reason why not to do it, has cut herself in the past, is in the midst of a hormonal roller-coaster ride at 14 years old and has just attended her best friend's funeral who killed herself a month ago.
Thu 28/10/04 at 01:53
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Or, maybe you can encourage her to take up something which she can work towards. I went ATC when i was 14 and however hard life got i always forgot about it twice a week at ATC and weekends and i had something i could concentrate on and work my way upwards to give life some meaning. Of course your niece may not be into this, but you know her better than everyone here and can make more suitable suggestions.
Thu 28/10/04 at 01:50
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Do you not think her feeling this is a consequence of her best friend?

She see's her best friend has got the easy way out and thats what she wants too. I'm guessing at the moment everyone is tip toeing around what her friend did and she's oblivious to the fact that her friends suicide has left her friends and family hurt and unwanted.

Maybe you should mention to her how effected people are concerning her friends death.

Your niece proberly feels useless since she didn't help her friend when she needed it most, maybe you should tell her that she (your niece) wouldn't want to put her mum or her family through that.

Another thing is that she needs to talk to someone, professionally. However hard you try to get her to talk may never be good enough since she knows you and may not want to reveal somethings about herself. Talking to someone she doesn't know, and she knows it won't get around may be just the thing she needs.
Wed 27/10/04 at 21:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
After reading the initial post and no others, I'd say the best thing to do is not give advice at all. You have to let them talk through their problems, and just lend a supportive ear, rather putting forward lots of suggestions.
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well, the one I always use with people is:
"Think of all those bastads that hate you and would want you dead - you can't give the scum that satisfaction, can you?"

And if I ever get doubtful suicidal thoughts I think of this quote "The world would be a much better place without me, and I simply can't allow that." So I doubt I'll ever kill myself.
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've said it once and I'll say it again:

Pancakes
Mon 25/10/04 at 23:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Kinder eggs dont have happy surprises anymore, just poor toys which remind you of how overinflated the price of the confectionary is.
Mon 25/10/04 at 23:30
Regular
"cachoo"
:(
The usual stuff that comes out of my mouth when trying to calm a friend down with their depressive episodes is the same stuff which comes out when drunk. [not puke..] It's like the moment is incredibly rushed.
I'm usually a little cruel, trying to make them feel guilty - family and everything. Luckily, they thought about themselves rather than my, 'Don't be such a d!ck'..
If that doesn't work, I'll offer them a hump, then quickly pump them full of happy pills or bang their head so hard they forget.. :)

I hope your neice gets through things okee, though. Life's full of happy suprises!! And Kindereggs.
Mon 25/10/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
:^|

;^)
Mon 25/10/04 at 16:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Timmargh wrote:
> wears a 36E bra and has offered me a feel of them on two separate occasions > - I declined both times.

I feel you did the right thing Tims, touching them would be crossing the line, but taking photo's is quite acceptable. I shall be watching beep click with bated breath.
Mon 25/10/04 at 16:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Thanks for all your replies guys' 'n' gals. The girl in question is coming to stay on Wednesday so we'll see how we go. I'll let you know how we get on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.