GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EBAY.....EMAILED ME"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/10/04 at 12:19
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
S...O...R...T...E...D
Thu 21/10/04 at 18:03
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
It might be a bit tricky to pick out but if eBay ever have an issue with you it won't come from eBay.com but eBay.co.uk.

And we here in the UK don't spell "unauthorized" with a Z, and it's bad English to use "misappropriate" instead of inappropriate.

I don't know what possesses people to scam, they're obviously failing in life or something.
Thu 21/10/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Muh, obviously a scam. If you fell for it you're pretty damn stupid.
Thu 21/10/04 at 17:46
Regular
"I love Lemonesent"
if you still have the email send it to [email protected] (i believe) Ive had a few spoofs and sent them straight to this address ...... and also change all your passwords and everything
Thu 21/10/04 at 17:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You got scammed, big time.
Thu 21/10/04 at 17:35
Regular
ha ive had that email 2 or 3 times, i do what i always do when i recieve random post, ignore it and hope it goes away
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:59
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> The idea behind the scam isnt necesarily to steal the account holders
> credit card details, but to put up perhaps 5-6 popular items in a 24
> hour auction and wait for the money to roll in.

Yeah, I know, but I wouldn't be too bothered.
If I didn't pay the listing fees, they'd suspend my account.
That's a good thing.
And nobody would use mine anyway.

Feedback of 4.
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The idea behind the scam isnt necesarily to steal the account holders credit card details, but to put up perhaps 5-6 popular items in a 24 hour auction and wait for the money to roll in.
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:41
Regular
Heh, even if someone steals my account, they'll get feck all from it, as I joined before eBay made credit card details manditory.
Of course, it means that I can't change my email address now that the account I originally registered with is gone, but, I'm sure I could just email whoever I'm buying from telling them that it's me who bidded.

I rock.
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:39
Regular
How do you come to that conclusion?

Anyway, I'm just saying you'd have to be quite incredibly stupid to fall for one of these things.
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:38
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.