GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"are nintendo finally growing up?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/05 at 19:31
Regular
"kill my enemys"
nintendo sometimes is classed as a kiddy console due to its 3+ age limit.

kind of true even if some games arent.

games such as super mario sunshine and most of the mario stuff are classed as kiddy and yes they are kiddy also the games such as pokemon.

but thanks to resident evil 4 and the new [B]real life[B] looking zelda and metroid prime 2 echoes is the gamecube and other consoles growing up at last and making the games harder?

please write down your issues on nintendo and there kiddy stuff!
Wed 05/01/05 at 22:41
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Yeh Nintendo have a kiddy image that will be hard to break away from! The likes of Mario and Zelda are considered kiddy in the eyes of most people (and the constant barrage of Pokemon doesn't help). With the release of Resident Evil 4 on the horizon that may change it a bit!

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye on the N64 didnt do much to dispel those accusations for the N64 though, even though PD was an 18 cert!
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:13
Regular
"0228"
killer101 wrote:
> what is ToS?

Tales of Symphonia
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:07
Regular
Macintosh, where is the business sense in removing one of the best selling franchises off of a consoles development list?
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:06
Regular
"and PC user"
Part of the problem is that Nintendo have kept the old names like Mario. Ok, so some of the variations may have a more grown up look - but people see the name, and think of the "old Mario" stuff from years ago.

In order to break the kiddy image, Nintendo must break this continuation of old name games. So with the next console, no more Mario. That would be a start. But they need to do even more than that, they must go after the games that are on other systems, and get them made for the next Nintendo machine, plus try and get "next gen exclusive games" on Revolution. Then stick the games on HD-DVD (or Sony Blue Ray - if they could), add in a High def playback system complete with High Def tv connection (like DVI) as an optional extra. That way people can have really big games, and use it to play the new HD-DVD High Def movies onto High Def tv's - if they have one. Chances are for some users, this would be their first such High Def movie player, and there wont be many such standalone drives around, so this would be a good bonus feature to include.
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:49
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Scope wrote:
> Mario Sunshine is hardly kiddy I can't see a 3 year old completing it,
> even Paper Mario which is a 3+ I think is tough.
> And don't go as far as saying ToS is kiddy just cos it's cel shaded
> cos that's hard and it's a 12+ aswell.
> Even though that's not Nintendo made they were the only company that
> wanted to bring it out here and in the US so they published it.

what is ToS?
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:44
Regular
Mario Sunshine is hardly kiddy I can't see a 3 year old completing it, even Paper Mario which is a 3+ I think is tough.
And don't go as far as saying ToS is kiddy just cos it's cel shaded cos that's hard and it's a 12+ aswell.
Even though that's not Nintendo made they were the only company that wanted to bring it out here and in the US so they published it.
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Random by default"
Thing is if Nintendo were to make a rip-off of say the GTA series or silent hill or what not i dont think it would be advertised enough to be effective.

That being said i saw a lot of hype and advertisments for Resi evil.
Im all for "adult games" as long as they are well made. Resi evil shows this.

I think "adult" games should be coming from second/third partys really. I would rather see Nintendo concentrate on the "kiddy" games as some of these games i love :P But yeah seeing how retro studios did with metroid, id like to see them be given the chance to make their own brand name...maybe looking towards the horror/adult side.
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:35
Regular
"0228"
killer101 wrote:
> at last and making the games harder?

I wouldn't say that Nintendo make particularly easy games (Wind Waker the exception).
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:31
Regular
"kill my enemys"
nintendo sometimes is classed as a kiddy console due to its 3+ age limit.

kind of true even if some games arent.

games such as super mario sunshine and most of the mario stuff are classed as kiddy and yes they are kiddy also the games such as pokemon.

but thanks to resident evil 4 and the new [B]real life[B] looking zelda and metroid prime 2 echoes is the gamecube and other consoles growing up at last and making the games harder?

please write down your issues on nintendo and there kiddy stuff!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.