GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Fri 07/01/05 at 12:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
IGNcube gave it 9.8 and said it was the best survivial horror game ever. The reviewer also said that if it was released in 2004 it would be Game of the Year, which tells you something about how good it is. I can't wait.

4 days till the US release, but according to the GAME website, the UK release is set for March 18th. Balls.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Why do adverts exist?
Sat 08/01/05 at 15:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There is no buzz without advertising. People who read magazines will buy the game - those who don't, won't, if there isn't any advertising, even if they know about the game, they won't know it's actually out.

It is probable that Resi4 will reach the top spot, but it could sell twie as much if it was advertised. People use advertising for a reason - IT WORKS. There is no "buzz" without advertising. I would love to see you run a company Dringo, trying to sell things that hardly anyone knows about because you dn't advertise them. Just because some guy at work asked about Resi 4 doesn't mean that you don't need advertising. Big games get advertised - that's why they're big games and that's why they sell well.

As I've said before, the only reason that there's a buzz at all is because of advertising and marketing. What is it if it isn't an excitement generated by advertising?
Sat 08/01/05 at 14:50
Regular
"Random by default"
Nintendo have relied on "the buzz magically from nothing" for too long, and i dont think its got them where they could of been.

Zelda OoT/GTA/Halo2 all had advertisments....i can remember the zelda advert getting more advertisement because of the whole "will you save like the girl....or play like one" or something.

How do most people learn about game releases? Most people i know wont be using forums like this, they also wont buy mags. The only way is either A) adverts on tv or B) outside shop windows.

Websites like "ilovebeams.com" are almost useless, the only people that hits home to are likly the same people who will of been using the internet to be gaining release dates etc already.
Sat 08/01/05 at 14:40
Regular
No it will, Resident Evil 4 is gonna be huge in Europe!

Resident Evil 4 was announced in September 2002, it was a big announcement. The game has gone under changes, it is one of the most played games at E3. All major magazines, websites and newspapers are discussing it.

Games need hype. Metroid Prime sold very well due to the small bit of hype whilst Metroid Prime 2, overshadowed by the hype of Halo 2 and GTA, sold poorly.

Marketing is needed especially towards the release. But trust me when I say everyone knows about this game and it WILL hit the top spot in Europe, america and Japan.
Sat 08/01/05 at 14:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Ocarina of Time, Halo 2 and GTA, all sold via the "buzz",
> they'll be some adverts. But the "buzz' will do the selling.

Dringo wrote:
> Like Halo 2, the hype was so high they didn't need to do any real
> marketing.

So you disagree there should be no real advertising? Like Gerrid said, advertising = that "buzz" you were talking about.

> The game will sell millions upon millions!

That just won't be the case in Europe without advertising.
Sat 08/01/05 at 13:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'm not reading the review as I don't want to spoilt the game for me.
>
> One thing I want to know.
>
> Does the game go back to the roots of Resi where it is actually a
> survival horror game and you fear every enemy because of the lack of
> ammunition and save points. Or is it another Resi 0 where you never
> run out bullets and can pretty much wade into any gun fight and come
> out unscathed?
>

No, it says you have loads of bullets/healing stuff.

Except there are 100x more enemies who act in a concerted and co-operative manner.

Apparantly, it simply destroys the old Resis.
Sat 08/01/05 at 13:13
Regular
"0228"
killer101 wrote:
> parents now days wont allow young children to get 18 cert games.so
> probably drop more than boost sales.

I've never known anybody to have a problem persuading their parents to go out and buy an 18 game for them.
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
killer101 wrote:
> the adverts for gta san andreas made there sales boost a tiny bit,

You don't know that, you're just guessing, like Dringo is, and always does with this sort of stuff.
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:53
Regular
"kill my enemys"
there was a lot of buzz for gta san andreas and as i dont no many xbox owners i didnt hear any buzz for halo 2,but i bet there was.

the adverts for gta san andreas made there sales boost a tiny bit,if they didnt do adverts the buzz would of still made them 'safe'.

i dont hear 'buzz' when it comes to nintendo the only 'buzz' i hear of is timesplitters 3 and the new zelda.and only one of them games are only on nintendo.
Sat 08/01/05 at 12:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> Ocarina of Time, Halo 2 and GTA, all sold via the "buzz",
> they'll be some adverts. But the "buzz' will do the selling.

Sorry but that's just plain untrue. I saw plenty of adverts for all of the above games. The most prolific advertising was in game shops and on the covers of magazines. The whole "buzz" that you're talking about is created by advertising. Word of mouth was obviously a very important factor, but a good game with no advertising will not sell (Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil etc), no matter how many good reviews it gets, or how many internet geeks are excited about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.