GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Fri 07/01/05 at 12:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
IGNcube gave it 9.8 and said it was the best survivial horror game ever. The reviewer also said that if it was released in 2004 it would be Game of the Year, which tells you something about how good it is. I can't wait.

4 days till the US release, but according to the GAME website, the UK release is set for March 18th. Balls.
Sat 08/01/05 at 19:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> Most consumers have heard of Resident Evil 4, it is a mega hyped
> game.

Because it's been advertised! You're just going round in circles!
Sat 08/01/05 at 19:37
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> Dringo, think for a second.
>
> Why do adverts exist?
>
> Why is there an advertising industry?

To sell products the consumer hadn't previously heard of.

Most consumers have heard of Resident Evil 4, it is a mega hyped game.
Sat 08/01/05 at 19:12
Regular
"-_-"
Dringo wrote:
> Resident Evil 4 will be advertised heavily in stores and have as many
> adverts as GTA or what have you.
>
> The game will sell.

that advert rules cuz of the song :P

If they advertise it right it will sell, I think if they advertise it right people will buy cubes for it if they dont advertise it i think only the majority of people who already own a cube will buy one.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
TV advertising for games isn't all the effectual, or it is too expensive to be worthwhile. That's why you don't see many games advertised on TV (compare it with how many adverts you see for car loans, etc). My guess is it's because not that many gamers watch enough TV for it to be as effective as advertising in shops/magazines/buses/whathaveyou
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tphi wrote:
> I'm talking TV ads here.

Dringo wrote:
> I presume TPHI is talking about TV ads.

Correctémundo :) Although why you capitalised my name twice I dunno :S
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dringo, think for a second.

Why do adverts exist?

Why is there an advertising industry?
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> Like Halo 2, the hype was so high they didn't need to do any real
> marketing.

Dringo wrote:
> Ocarina of Time, Halo 2 and GTA, all sold via the "buzz",
> they'll be some adverts. But the "buzz' will do the selling.

See I was saying that the "buzz" IS marketing. It wouldn't exist without it. Yuo need marketing to create this "buzz", the hype, that sells games.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It needs to be advertised at release as much as any big game does. If all the shops took out all the posters etc of Resi, all the websites stopped promoting it with banners and there wasn't a whiff of it in a magazine, then it would not sell half as well as you seem to think it would, and you know that.

Tphi said that a game needs advertising to sell well, I'm saying it does, you said it doesn't, and now you're saying it does. We all know that there will be a lot of advertising, you just said that it wasn't necessary. It IS necessary.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:17
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> So now you're saying that the game DOES need advertising. Right.

CAn you still not read???

TPHI said the game won't sell well due to lack of advertisement. The hype behind the game is huge (due to marketing yes) so the game will sell well even if there isn't much advertisement around the launch of the game.

You are wrong if you think the game won't sell well. It will sell well. In the millions.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So now you're saying that the game DOES need advertising. Right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.