GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ken Bigley Murder"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/10/04 at 12:00
Regular
I'm intrigued - when his family said that they could confirm he was murdered, did that mean that one of them had to sit there and watch those sick bast's cut his head off?

I am loathe to even try and imagine what it would be like to sit there and watch a video of some sub-human savage cut off my dads head, not with a machete but with a regular knife, sawing at it like a piece of meat.

I don't believe in hell, but if it were to exist, surely this would be an example of what to expect.

I think the whole fiasco beggars belief - I don't feel any hatred or rage towards those alleged people, it's more a feeling of disbelief that these things actually go on in the world. Dumbfounded I think is the best expression.
Tue 12/10/04 at 08:23
Regular
You could probably pop a few shots off, even if only one in your own head to die by yourself.
Tue 12/10/04 at 08:14
Regular
The Confederate wrote:
> Yeah, I heard you can download the Ken Bigley murder off programs such
> as eMule, BitTorrent & KaZaA. That was in the Independant. It
> also said that Ken Bigley also had a gun to use, so what I don't
> understand is why he didn't put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head at
> the first person who came at him. At least the terrorists would have
> shot back and maybe he would have died with some dignity, instead of
> in a cage beheaded.

Have you ever thought he might have been exhausted to hell? What with being couped up in a cage for ages, unlikely to have been fed properly, most likely beaten regularly?

He's not exactly going to be on top form for an escape, is he?

And also based on what Light said - he's hardly going to be a sharpshooter with a pistol now, is he? If you were held captive, starved and beaten for days, do you think you'd have the energy to escape and fend off your captors with a gun?

I think not.
Tue 12/10/04 at 07:49
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Yes, because of course people are taught how to use guns at birth and life is exactly like an action film in that one instinctively knows to start shooting at terrorists (who clearly identify themselves by having evil staring eyes).
Mon 11/10/04 at 20:33
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
Yeah, I heard you can download the Ken Bigley murder off programs such as eMule, BitTorrent & KaZaA. That was in the Independant. It also said that Ken Bigley also had a gun to use, so what I don't understand is why he didn't put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head at the first person who came at him. At least the terrorists would have shot back and maybe he would have died with some dignity, instead of in a cage beheaded.
Mon 11/10/04 at 20:06
Regular
"cachoo"
People are probably so affected by it because he was from our country.
I think there's a secret love for everyone in Britain. Something happens, you get all over-protective and paranoid. Unless that's just me.. ;)

It's our territory and you ain't comin' nowhere near it and my people! :-p
Mon 11/10/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ms NY wrote:
> Apparentely, one of the captor's helped him escape, then he
> was caught and beheaded. Don't know if that's true or not, though.

He was helped by one of his captors, sources say he was on the run between a whole night and just 30 mins.

When they caught him again they shot his helper dead, then took him back and executed him shortly afterwards.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:57
Regular
"??????"
A group of immature children from my school wished to download some of the earlier executions. It is a good thing that they did not achieve this for their sakes and for everyone else's.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:52
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Spare your fake sympathy.

Normally I'd be inclined to agree, but the method of execution is probably what made me dwell on it more than other heinous crimes.

It astounds me how many people keep saying "I'm going to download that Bigley murder" or "I watched that Bigley murder, it's sick".

Why would you want to expose yourself to that?

I've viewed lots of sick stuff in the past, like those faces of death films, 'executions' and countless mpegs off the internet. But I've got all that out of my system long since - you realise it's not really shocking, just sickening.

Of course, violence in games is a different thing. Great fun.
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:45
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
The only reason the army was sent out was to secure the oil. They tried to disguise it from us on the news by making false allegations. The only reason they were out there was that Saddam had threatened to cut off the oil supplies, which give us 13% of our oil.

Then they've now started using hostages, Blair really needs to face up to the responsibility of that murder, he made people like that fight for no reason at all, if you ask me it should be Blair out there instead of Ken Bigley, Bigley was innocent trying to help Iraq, Blair has just ignored this fact.
Mon 11/10/04 at 16:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ant wrote:
> Obviously this is extremely
> tragic as well, but somehow I can't imagine any Britons, or Americans
> for that matter, performing these repulsive acts on innocent people
> who are only trying to help their country.

So you didn't read about the torture and murder of inmates by Americans at Guantanamo Bay then?

I gotta admit; televising a murder is pretty damn low. But is that the only reason one thinks worse of it? Cos we see it with our own two eyes? Does that mean that all we need to save the millions (billions in fact) suffering around the world due to poverty and starvation is a few webcams so we can't pretend it's not happening?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.