GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"purity and chastity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
One thing that really astonishes me is the number of people who sleep around in the world today. For those of us among us who believe in the Bibile, sex outside marriage is forbidden, yet so many people, religeous and otherwise, see it their duty to have multiple sexual partners. Its only a symbol of social standing in some places in AFRICA. How can we call ourselves the civilised world when we see fit to stick our john thomas in every place we can think of. Its level with the animals, and even some of them have the decency to confine themselves to one partner. (i.e. swans)

Im not trying to push chastity and say all sexual acticity is WRONG outside marriage, but I really think that sex and similar acts are something that you should share with only someone special. The only purpose of one night stands is to get some POONTANG with whatever skank can be found on the street. (I dont mean to degrade women, I just have to write this from the male perspective, the same applies to women)

Chastity generally means that you dont do ANYTHING sexual at all outside of marraige. Personally I dont see whats wrong with a little frolic in the garden of eden if its legal, legal by the bible, and doesnt put your future in jeprody through inadvertant pregnancy. What happens if the chick you boned on a one night stand get knocked up? Its your obligation to raise the b*****d child, and wed the whench. lol. I just enjoy using biassed language. I'll stop now.

Since (as I have been informed by a good friend of mine whos a history guru) the general practise of prolific intercourse has been going on for millenia, were not really doing anything different, however if we didnt do anything different we'd still be eating leaves, not even using tools. Evolution and invention meant progress, technological and personal. Sleeping around like this means that sex isnt sacred. It becomes meaningless when you finally meet someone you marry, and all you can do is compare them to your previous partners.

I know Im on a losing side. Most of you are probably against me, but Id just like you to consider the idea of, not chastity, but, however hard it may be, not sleeping around. If you meet someone special to you, by all means, even if its not the first. At least then its actually meaningful. But having shallow, meaningless sex is....well...m**********g. YOU'LL GO BLIND SON!!
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Ok light. you replied after Id started posting.

Interesting post about the early church. You seem to know what your talking about. So now that we've been sexually liberated women have so much power through sex eh? The fact is that you can blame the recent rise in sexual equality on the increase in sexual activity because this there hasnt been much chage in sexual activity for thousands of years. I dont think that the Catholic church promoting sex AFTER marriage did anything to influence the people. Marriage HAS been used for other reasons throughout history as previous posts have discussed, such as for money, or for power, however when it comes down to it those of us who believe that there is more to marriage than a legally binding contract want to marry for the right reasons.

If you really think that those are the only reasons that premarital sex isnt supported by most catholic church then I think youre wrong. If so then why wouldnt the modern breaks from the catholic church preach that premarital sex was ok? Anyway as previous posts have said there are a lot of things to consider when thinking about premarital sex and as always it comes down to whether you see more in sex than just fun.

"If y'all want to avoid sex until after marriage, then you go for it. But why tell anyone else? What, do you want a big shiny f**king medal for your troubles? I don't care what you do or don't get up to in the bedroom. Bleating about it tends to indicate that you're not sure about your own lifestyle choice and you want some affirmation. Either that, or you want to show off just how righteous you are."
Theres nothing I hate more than some egocentric sl*t bragging about how many sexual partners hes had and who he was with last night so dont give lecture me about not telling anyone else. This is what discussion forums are FOR. Discussing topics. Its not like Im forcing you to read or to comment. If you dont like me talking about it then why did you even bother to reply? its just going to make me say more. Personally I dont care what my society thinks. In my last few years of secondary school I got more and more tired of the 'sheep' around me laughing at peers idiotic jokes and following the crowd. I really dont care what the society thinks of me. If I did care then Id hardly post something I KNEW there would be widespread opposition against. I think the fact that you added such an emotional reply like that indicated that you wish you had the personal strength to resist your penis.

If this is preaching then the next time someone says some inane comment about the weather prompting a response thats preaching too. Then also the next time you see someone doing a survey, or someone campaigning for animal rights, or someone voting, that must be preaching, because by saying whats on their mind they're preaching. Obviously. (sarcasm)
And yes I WILL keep my penis in my pants because unlike some people I dont flaunt it around like Im Gods gift to women.

If those of us waiting for the right gave up waiting I dont think it would be difficult to get some, as some people in this room have demonstrated. (jk guys. I couldnt resist) Waiting means we dont WANT to get some random sexual partner. Although the two ideas seem similar and difficult to tell apart, the only person it affects is whoever is lying to themself. If youre refering to me Im not waiting for the right one. I HAVE the right one already.

ok light so you have a problem with groups telling you what to do with your ever-active chomp bar. As they say if you cant stand the heat, get out of the oven. If youre religeon (and theyre the only people who should be telling you) is telling you what youre doing is wrong, but you disagree, then you should change your ways, or find a different religeon, one that you agree with. If youre not a member of a religeon that preaches that then youre shouldnt be preached at. Religeons have no right (in my opinion) to tell people of different faiths what to do. By all means they should guide their followers and point out any possible wrong doings, as people try to follow Gods laws, but other faiths are out of their jurisdiction. Thats just harrasment.

I said religeon isnt pick 'n mix, I never said the bible wasn't. If you check my earlie posts I've talked about this somewhere before. The Catholic faith for example isnt pick 'n mix. You worship the saints, you recieve communion, you are confirmed, you recieve the last rights etc. You dont "tick 3 of the above". The Jewish faith is more based on the old testement and practise a lot more of what we would call oppressive laws, like pork, and meat on the Sabbath. Im really getting sick of having to repeat myself.

(groan) ok. religeon is pick and mix in a lot of cases. What I meant to say is any one faith isnt. if you say youre a catholic you cant choose not to worship the saints etc. My bad. I should have phrased that better.

lol. The best way to have sex in the church is by becoming an alter boy, if you get my meaning.

"So because Einstein was a genius at Physics, no-one has the right to question him? Fool." People had every right to question him and indeed recently people are beginning to doubt his famous theory of relativity with the emergence of string theory. Im sure Trish knows more about it than me. He wasnt saying that.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:26
Not usually mine, but, y'know, spur of the moment thing. I just found his vicar's collar so attractive.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
down wrote:
> *ticks off to-do list*
>
> Was with a man as well.

That would be my preference as well.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Flock wrote:
> i'm studying psychology.

"How to get into the mind of the child"

Aaahh, I can't help myself.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:11
Flock wrote:

> You really are picking the wrong people to question tonight, Trish is
> studying physics and i'm studying psychology.

So because Einstein was a genius at Physics, no-one has the right to question him? Fool.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:11
Ineedsleep wrote:
> soul101 wrote:
> i agree with fozz. sex belongs after marriage. I think it's
> especially
> sad that it happens in the church.
>
> You can have sex in the church after you're married?
>
> * adds to to-do list *

*ticks off to-do list*

Was with a man as well.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:09
Regular
"8==="
Flock wrote:
> Love's not illogical, it's biological.

Is there a GAD prize for bumper sticker philosophy?
Mon 27/09/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
soul101 wrote:
> i agree with fozz. sex belongs after marriage. I think it's especially
> sad that it happens in the church.

You can have sex in the church after you're married?

* adds to to-do list *
Mon 27/09/04 at 13:30
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Fozz wrote:

> Um. So you have a problem with that do you?

Well...yeah. Being as how other totalitarian groups who tried the same trick include the Nazi Party and Stalinist Russia, it sorta indicates that it's nothing more than a method of preserving power. No more, no less.

> The REASON organisations
> will try to influence thier followers sex lives is because these
> actions are against the belief of that religeon. The reason catholics
> (and certain other religeons...most I think) are against premarital
> sex is because it is SPECIFICALLY forbidden in the bible.

It's also specifically forbidden to fraternise with menstruating women (Lev 15:19-24); I trust you send your mother to a cave every month?

It's also forbidden to cut the hair around your temples (Lev 19:27). Ever had a haircut?

Ever worked on the Sabbath? According to Exodus 35:2, that means you should die.

You said that religion isn't pick and mix, so why are you choosing to obey the laws about sex before marriage but ignore the ones that are even more obviously lunatic?

> So if you
> have a problem with waiting till marriage for sex then perhaps you
> should consider joining a different religeous group. A faith isnt
> pick 'n mix. You dont get to decide what parts to believe and what
> not to believe.

Heh. Have you seen how many different flavours of christianity there are, all of them differing by a few sentences each? Are you sure it isn't pick and mix?
Mon 27/09/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm of firm beleive that when guys say they're just 'waiting for the right one' that it's just talk because they can't get any.

Lie themself blind they will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.