GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IPODS are seriously overated!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 18:18
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Does anyone else thing IPODS and ITunes are just a rip-off? I was recently thinking about getting an IPOD but after careful consideration Ive decided not to waste my money.

I think IPODS are ideal for those on the move, constantly (such as famous people). How many people actually walk down the street listening to their IPODS? I mean theyd get robbed considering how much they are worth. I think its pretty pointless to own one if you dont intend to listen to it on the move. i think their main appeal lies within its style and its "brag-ability" ("oh look Ive got an IPOD, arnt I amazing")

Id much rather own the PSP when it comes out. It plays music, aswel as movies and games. I just think people are just too naive to really expect the moneys worth of £300 plus for an IPOD. Youd have to have a seriously huge CD collection to even slightly fill up the storage on the IPOD, and you need them all in MP3 format. Its too much hassle for me.

Also apple rip-off their UK customers more than any1 else in the world, especially downloading off ITunes.

Does anyone here own an IPOD, and are you happy with it???
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> For much less than an iPod, you could get a gas-powered MAC 11 BB-gun
> that fires a magazine of 48 rounds at about 20 rounds a second.
>
> 20 rounds a second, people.

Woah, thats quite impressive.
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Twenty quid."
*yawn*

Another "this is crap - DON'T BUT IT!!!" post.

I'm surprised phi11ip hasn't commented yet ...

:^P
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Mine was £220 and I use it all the time.

Damn fine purchase I say.
Sun 19/09/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Insert Gently"
iPod's aint that bad, just a heck alot of money. I did have an iPod for a while and they aint nothing special just look good and can store about the same amount of songs as any other MP3 player for the same price. I have one of those MP3 'stick' players with the USB connection its only 512 MB but I can hold all the songs I wanna listen to and was only £33 offa that magical eBay.
Sun 19/09/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Got myself a creative zen one while i was over in Canada (seeing as the iPod was around $200 more) and very happy with it. I can walk down the street with it clipped to my trousers, under my shirt with no problems and i don't exactly live in the world's best neighbourhood. Much better to have one of these then having a CD player or mini-disc player
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Timmargh wrote:
> *yawn*
>
> Another "this is crap - DON'T BUT IT!!!" post.
>
> I'm surprised phi11ip hasn't commented yet ...
>
> :^P

What do you expect me to write about?, I wrote this topic so people can discuss about it, so maybe Im a bit more convinced.

Im not interested in promoting the Ipod as crap, i didnt mean it to come across like I hate them. I just wanted to ask people what they think of them, and whether or not they are worth the effort. I was about to buy one myself until a friend recommended me not to, Im still questioning whether or not to get one. I do like the fact you can take your music anywhere, but at what cost.. £300. Ok some people can afford it quite comfortably, so can I, but I just think they are overated for what you are buying, doesnt the battery ware out after a while (so I heard). I suppose any debate over something will always end up unanswered because peoples opinions are so different. In that case wouldnt all the topics on this forum site be pointless?
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
gaybys wrote:

> I think you're just bitching about it being crap because you can't
> afford it, and you want to make some idiotic attempt to justify a
> pathetic reason for not buying an iPod or similar.

Whats the point in even saying that?
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I had a Zen. It broke.

I got given an iPod. The navigation was good, screen was impressive, capacity alright. Battery life was dire and sond quality so so,so I gave it to someone else.

I got another Zen, warranty job. It's good. I still use it.

Moral: Get a Zen, break it, try the iPod and you'll appreciate having a half decent battery even more :)
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:48
Regular
"That's right!"
Mine was 280 quid, 40 gig. Still haven't filled it (because it takes a while, not because I don't have enough music)

It's cool, it does stuff my old MP3 player would have a fit trying to do. Just little things like stopping the music if the headphones are pulled out, and keeping your place in a song when you turn it off make it a million times better than my last player.
Sun 19/09/04 at 23:03
Regular
Well, put all your favourite songs on them, and all your songs that you like,and any song that is any good, and you've still got plentyof room for more, instead of listening to the radio in the car, with adverts every second song, and a speech about nothing at the end of every other song, you can listen to good music, until you're bored.

Why not?

Plus, because they're all designer and stuff, you cna nick them off of any old fart.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.