GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IPODS are seriously overated!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 18:18
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Does anyone else thing IPODS and ITunes are just a rip-off? I was recently thinking about getting an IPOD but after careful consideration Ive decided not to waste my money.

I think IPODS are ideal for those on the move, constantly (such as famous people). How many people actually walk down the street listening to their IPODS? I mean theyd get robbed considering how much they are worth. I think its pretty pointless to own one if you dont intend to listen to it on the move. i think their main appeal lies within its style and its "brag-ability" ("oh look Ive got an IPOD, arnt I amazing")

Id much rather own the PSP when it comes out. It plays music, aswel as movies and games. I just think people are just too naive to really expect the moneys worth of £300 plus for an IPOD. Youd have to have a seriously huge CD collection to even slightly fill up the storage on the IPOD, and you need them all in MP3 format. Its too much hassle for me.

Also apple rip-off their UK customers more than any1 else in the world, especially downloading off ITunes.

Does anyone here own an IPOD, and are you happy with it???
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:18
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Does anyone else thing IPODS and ITunes are just a rip-off? I was recently thinking about getting an IPOD but after careful consideration Ive decided not to waste my money.

I think IPODS are ideal for those on the move, constantly (such as famous people). How many people actually walk down the street listening to their IPODS? I mean theyd get robbed considering how much they are worth. I think its pretty pointless to own one if you dont intend to listen to it on the move. i think their main appeal lies within its style and its "brag-ability" ("oh look Ive got an IPOD, arnt I amazing")

Id much rather own the PSP when it comes out. It plays music, aswel as movies and games. I just think people are just too naive to really expect the moneys worth of £300 plus for an IPOD. Youd have to have a seriously huge CD collection to even slightly fill up the storage on the IPOD, and you need them all in MP3 format. Its too much hassle for me.

Also apple rip-off their UK customers more than any1 else in the world, especially downloading off ITunes.

Does anyone here own an IPOD, and are you happy with it???
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:23
"period drama"
iPod.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:24
"period drama"
And people get it because they have seriously large CD collections. That's kinda the whole point - everything being right there where you want it.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think the brand image of Ipod is ridiculous, but as a rule, I use my Zen a hell of a lot. Consequently, mobile Mp3 players are genius inventions, and anything is likely to be stolen.

A PSP is gonna be a hell of a lot more desirable than an Ipod in thieves eyes........

Plus, 'who really walks around watching films?'
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
yeah, I know, Ive never seen anyone watching a film on their portable DVD players before. Infact the only time I have ever seen someone actually playing on any mobile device is when I was at an airport. This little kid was playing on his GBA, and still that wasnt a movie.

Yeah Ipods are great to store all your songs on, but whats wrong with a computer? Also I think not that many people use their Ipods as "walkmans" simply because they are anti-social. I mean if u were with a mate walking to college, youd want to talk to them and not watch them listening to their Ipod?

Its more of an individual device, something personal to them. Also my mate has an IPOD and whenever he brings it to college, he always gets hassled about it, "Can I have a look?" or "What songs have you got?". It wont be too long before little kids in their playgrounds start trading songs off their computers to their mates IPOD. Itll be like when you were playing pogs or trading stickers, kids will go through the list and go "got, got, got havnt got, got, got, havnt got, got" etc...
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What are you on?

You listen to music because you like it, and you listen if you're alone.

Hence, they're worth it, although Zens/etc are worthy alternatives. Either way, what are you on about?!
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Nothing, its just I think they are pretty pointless for the money they cost.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:42
Regular
A mate of mine brings his iPod into one of the common rooms at college, shoves the speaker system into it and then we can choose what ever we want to listen to.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:43
Regular
iPod.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> A mate of mine brings his iPod into one of the common rooms at
> college, shoves the speaker system into it and then we can choose
> what ever we want to listen to.

Exactly what I did with my Zen.

F**k anyone who hates the Pixies or Everclear or Mars Volta, that's what they've got!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.