GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IPODS are seriously overated!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 18:18
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Does anyone else thing IPODS and ITunes are just a rip-off? I was recently thinking about getting an IPOD but after careful consideration Ive decided not to waste my money.

I think IPODS are ideal for those on the move, constantly (such as famous people). How many people actually walk down the street listening to their IPODS? I mean theyd get robbed considering how much they are worth. I think its pretty pointless to own one if you dont intend to listen to it on the move. i think their main appeal lies within its style and its "brag-ability" ("oh look Ive got an IPOD, arnt I amazing")

Id much rather own the PSP when it comes out. It plays music, aswel as movies and games. I just think people are just too naive to really expect the moneys worth of £300 plus for an IPOD. Youd have to have a seriously huge CD collection to even slightly fill up the storage on the IPOD, and you need them all in MP3 format. Its too much hassle for me.

Also apple rip-off their UK customers more than any1 else in the world, especially downloading off ITunes.

Does anyone here own an IPOD, and are you happy with it???
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:44
"period drama"
Not if you have 300 CDs that you love listening to.
As for me, I've only got about 20 CDs, so I've got a sweet little 128MB MP3 player as that's all I need. Listen to it to and from college, when I'm walking the dog or out anywhere on my own.

If I had more CDs, I'd need a bigger MP3 player. Simple.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:45
"period drama"
Myst is my woman echo.
They're quite handy, you know.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
How is it a waste of money?

Would you rather carry hundreds of CDs around with you that you constantly have to switch through, or one small device with your entire music collection on it?

You can listen to it when you're travelling somewhere, you can easily transport your music collection to other rooms since it isn't hard to always have it with you and if you want to use it to transfer some of your music onto someone else's collection, so what?

I think you're just bitching about it being crap because you can't afford it, and you want to make some idiotic attempt to justify a pathetic reason for not buying an iPod or similar.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:54
Regular
"\\"
Or maybe you could get something better than an iPod... Which is basically every other mp3 player with a similar storage.
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:09
Regular
Echo
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:10
Regular
Echo
Echo
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:10
Regular
Echo.
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:13
Regular
iPod is a waste of money yes. But I listen to it on the move. And it isn't £300 plus it's £200... which is the same price as a PSP.

You can also play games (although minor ones) on an iPod, but it's a small extra feature much like MP3's in the PSP.

I didn't get it for the wow factor, I got it to store songs.

And not that many people hassle me about it.
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:38
Regular
For much less than an iPod, you could get a gas-powered MAC 11 BB-gun that fires a magazine of 48 rounds at about 20 rounds a second.

20 rounds a second, people.
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Bicycle"
I love my iPod...

Had it since it came out, and admitedly it's getting a bit shoddy (damn the nice casing, why does it scratch so easily?!?) but apart from some aesthetic problems it's been fine (other than the control headphone thingy - the wire connection is pretty flimsy)...

But 2 years of quality music for only £200 is well worth it. Every penny. I'd buy it again...

Plus it's miles better than a Zen, has better quality sound and well, it's a darn sight cooler.

iPod... Whoo!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.