GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask'.
Thu 20/01/05 at 19:35
Regular
"0228"
I'm in a Zelda-y mood at the moment so I thought I'd come up with a list of things that the new Legend of Zelda game on the Gamecube should contain for various reasons. Feel free to call my ideas crap and change them for your own.

Dungeons
The dungeons in Wind Waker were easy, to be honest the whole game was pretty easy. Then there's Majora's Mask that had far too few dungeons to complete but they were much harder than Wind Waker's. The dungeons in OoT seemed to be the right level of difficulty and there was a good number of them so sticking to a similar style would seem a sensible option. Saying that, the Spirit Temple seemed easier than some of its predecessors so I would encourage Nintendo to make sure that the difficulty level raises at a steady rate without dropping along the way.

Items
I'm hoping for a big inventory. There have been loads of great items throughout Link's history with some of the highlights being the hookshot, the boomerang, and the lens of truth.
I also think that the idea from OoT with the different tunics and boots can be re-used possibly with different designs, e.g. magnetic boots that allow link to walk along metal walls and rooves to dodge lava covered floors, etc.
The masks from Majora's Mask could be hard to put into the game but there's no reason why their can't be a small side quest involving them, e.g. fall down a hole where a deku scrub gives you a deku scrub mask to complete an obstacle course with and then win a heart piece at the end before returning the mask.

Epona
Ok, so it's already been confirmed that Epona will be in the new game but it's such a good thing that I have to include it. The boat idea for Wind Waker was crap. Epona rules.

The End?
Why do the Zelda games refuse to let you save after defeating the final boss? It's stupid, I think that once you beat the game you should still be able to wander through Hyrule (or where ever it's set) and have some things to do. For example, after completing the game the bosses from the temples should respawn back in the temples so you can go back and fight them again as often as you want. Also, a few mini games could open up like an extra shooting range or a special horse racing circuit which could also include multi player. You should be able to go back and talk to the villagers and have them congratulate you. There could even be a special super item that you get like a hookshot that attaches itself to anything giving you the opportunity to fully explore the world once you've completed the game.

Golden Skullatas
I am praying that these do not return, I can't see how anybody could have found all of them in OoT.

Heart Pieces
These are a good idea for increasing your life meter but some of them are stupidly well hidden. I think that there should be some more clues to get them so you find them through logic rather than stumbling across them by chance.

Bosses
These should be tougher. The early bosses have always been at a sensible level of difficulty but later booses don't seem to increase much in difficulty. I'm not asking for anything as hard as Ultra Mega Mega Man in South Park or even King K. Rool in DK64 but something pretty tough harder than some previous Zelda bosses.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'm sure there are plenty of obvious points I've missed. So, what are your ideas?
Fri 22/04/05 at 22:07
Regular
"0228"
> I liked the idea of being able to play in a "saved" land with just a few > odd mini-quests left to do if you feel like it.

Yes, that would be very good. I doubt it will happen though, Nintendo seem to have something against that sort of thing.
Sun 30/01/05 at 19:45
Regular
cweek2000 wrote:
> There should be another item which is seemingly useless throughout the
> game until the end. Remember the Deku Nuts? I never used them, but
> after running out of light arrows in the Ganon battle, they worked
> even better!

You know what, the first few times I played OOT, I didn't use Deku Nuts once, after all, they didn't hurt anything. What was the point in that?
But once you get fed up killing things with a "block" in the slowest way possible...

Also, they work incredibly well on the first boss in the Deku Tree.
In reply to the original post:

I liked the idea of being able to play in a "saved" land with just a few odd mini-quests left to do if you feel like it. And some cheesy spirit thing that trains hero's of the future by taking them into a "simulation" of an old temple. Majora's Mask didn't have to be cheesy like that! It worked a treat! ;-)

As to the Skultulas. I'd've had them all, but there's a bug in the game on the Gamecube version. You know the soil near the guy who sells magic beans? The skultula won't come out of it, no matter what you do.
Did anyone have that or was it just me?

Happened on both the original AND master quest. :'-(
Sun 30/01/05 at 17:19
"The Will of D."
cweek2000 wrote:
> Basically, I was in the fight and thanks to being stupid with arrows
> earlier, my magic power had gone. In a desperate bid to win, I began
> using everything, from Deku Sticks to Din's Fire. Eventually I found
> that the Deku Nuts worked, so I stuck with them and won.

:D lol never thought of that, i've heard of using the longshot, arrows but never deku nuts. I just kept to the main strategy of hitting his tail with the hammer, then follow up with the light arrows and then use the sword against his tail a few times til he's dead (quicker using the big gorron sword, but you must use the Mastersword to finish).
Sun 30/01/05 at 16:49
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Basically, I was in the fight and thanks to being stupid with arrows earlier, my magic power had gone. In a desperate bid to win, I began using everything, from Deku Sticks to Din's Fire. Eventually I found that the Deku Nuts worked, so I stuck with them and won.
Fri 28/01/05 at 21:10
Regular
"0228"
I can't say that the idea of using Deku nuts against Ganon crossed my mind, but then again I didn't run out of arrows.
Fri 28/01/05 at 21:02
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
There should be another item which is seemingly useless throughout the game until the end. Remember the Deku Nuts? I never used them, but after running out of light arrows in the Ganon battle, they worked even better!
Thu 27/01/05 at 00:15
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> OMG Enrique pwns you

He can keep his shatty wang to himself.
Wed 26/01/05 at 23:43
Regular
It was a fantastic end display though. With the fireworks and all that. That scene at the end where Link has to go back, as if it never happened. And he visits Princess Zelda again, and then the game freezes. One of the most magical and depressing moments in gaming. Realising you just saved the world and no one even realises it. One of those gaming moments I'll never forget.

Other than Wind Wakers pathetic credits. There could have been a nice after view of the world you saved. Would have been nice.
Wed 26/01/05 at 23:42
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> It had an odd story.
>
> The ending wasn't nearly as celebratory as Ocarina of Time's or
> Majora's Mask. The credits were far better in those games.

"Hey, get the 3 jewels!"

"OMG Zelda's gone!!"

"Get these 5 medallions!!"

"Hooray he's dead!!"

*dance in field*

Rubbish.
Wed 26/01/05 at 23:40
Regular
OMG Enrique pwns you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.