GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask'.
Thu 20/01/05 at 19:35
Regular
"0228"
I'm in a Zelda-y mood at the moment so I thought I'd come up with a list of things that the new Legend of Zelda game on the Gamecube should contain for various reasons. Feel free to call my ideas crap and change them for your own.

Dungeons
The dungeons in Wind Waker were easy, to be honest the whole game was pretty easy. Then there's Majora's Mask that had far too few dungeons to complete but they were much harder than Wind Waker's. The dungeons in OoT seemed to be the right level of difficulty and there was a good number of them so sticking to a similar style would seem a sensible option. Saying that, the Spirit Temple seemed easier than some of its predecessors so I would encourage Nintendo to make sure that the difficulty level raises at a steady rate without dropping along the way.

Items
I'm hoping for a big inventory. There have been loads of great items throughout Link's history with some of the highlights being the hookshot, the boomerang, and the lens of truth.
I also think that the idea from OoT with the different tunics and boots can be re-used possibly with different designs, e.g. magnetic boots that allow link to walk along metal walls and rooves to dodge lava covered floors, etc.
The masks from Majora's Mask could be hard to put into the game but there's no reason why their can't be a small side quest involving them, e.g. fall down a hole where a deku scrub gives you a deku scrub mask to complete an obstacle course with and then win a heart piece at the end before returning the mask.

Epona
Ok, so it's already been confirmed that Epona will be in the new game but it's such a good thing that I have to include it. The boat idea for Wind Waker was crap. Epona rules.

The End?
Why do the Zelda games refuse to let you save after defeating the final boss? It's stupid, I think that once you beat the game you should still be able to wander through Hyrule (or where ever it's set) and have some things to do. For example, after completing the game the bosses from the temples should respawn back in the temples so you can go back and fight them again as often as you want. Also, a few mini games could open up like an extra shooting range or a special horse racing circuit which could also include multi player. You should be able to go back and talk to the villagers and have them congratulate you. There could even be a special super item that you get like a hookshot that attaches itself to anything giving you the opportunity to fully explore the world once you've completed the game.

Golden Skullatas
I am praying that these do not return, I can't see how anybody could have found all of them in OoT.

Heart Pieces
These are a good idea for increasing your life meter but some of them are stupidly well hidden. I think that there should be some more clues to get them so you find them through logic rather than stumbling across them by chance.

Bosses
These should be tougher. The early bosses have always been at a sensible level of difficulty but later booses don't seem to increase much in difficulty. I'm not asking for anything as hard as Ultra Mega Mega Man in South Park or even King K. Rool in DK64 but something pretty tough harder than some previous Zelda bosses.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'm sure there are plenty of obvious points I've missed. So, what are your ideas?
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:16
"The Will of D."
Hedfix wrote:
> Big dungeons'd be good, but I'd rather have a proper RPG with large
> dungeons. Every RPG seems content to steer away from big dungeons
> now, someone should come back and reclaim large freakin' dungeons.

Yeah the only game i've played recently with Huge Dungeons was Dungeon Siege, now most of them average at about 1 hours worth of exploration and fighting hundreds of creatures every minute of exploration, and a few more minutes to fight the current ones in.

Also I like the idea about time travelling back to stop the attck on the City, that would be pretty good.

I also hope to see some familiar faces (obviously other than Zelda) but spruced up to Link's standards. One character idea could be the Happy Mask guy.
Also I really hope they bring back the original Zoras and have the Gorons too, although they only made a cameo appearance in WW I was disapointed about them not having a big role, even if their mountain homes were half under water.
Fri 21/01/05 at 17:30
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> It was a follow-up to my previous post.
>
> Oh nad it works in a conversational way, that's how I like to post,
> stops the posts from reading as if they were written by a robot.

EXACTLY!
Fri 21/01/05 at 17:39
Regular
It's not dark in the same way as MM was. The only reason it looks mature is Wind Waker was the last home console Zelda.
Fri 21/01/05 at 18:40
Regular
"-_-"
I dont think the dungeons should be too big. (im not bothered if they're hard i just dont want them to be completely huge). Also after you complete a dungeon something should happento the world that is significant or something so people talk about different things about an evnt which has just happened. not just the usual stuff or "well done youre brave"
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:07
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> THEN, you would get to your home city, to find it devestated (but
> still massive) and you'd have to try and find your house, and one
> thing would lead to another, and you'd have to go and find the Master
> Sword which would allow you to become the Hero of time, and revert to
> before your home was destroyed and stop the attack.

NO no no, you missed out the middle, obviously, it's only when you return home (after a heeyuge quest), that you can discover who did it in the beginning (hmmm, some random guy) and then, you seek out the master sword in the forest you were originally in (what kind of game would it be without backtracking?) and you have to go to a place you missed on your travels home, to kill this random evil guy, but then, after killing him, you discover..... HE WAS JUST A PUPPET!!!

This leads you to the fight with Ganondorf, BUT!! after being attacked and defeated by this sword so many times, he is now IMMUNE to its powers, and you must seek out a much more legendary sword called the "Corny Named Sword" which requires the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage to become a diamond, and then the sword will appear (so yet more dungeons), BUT!! it has taken many years, and the location of this sword has been long forgotten, so you must find the maker of the sword, so you must seek out the legendary Ocarina of Time IN THE FOREST YOU STARTED IN - Kokiri Forest (:-O), the home of the Hero Of Time.

You seek it out, and play it, finding yourself transported to the original Hyrule, where you discover, that you are in fact, the Hero Of Time, and you make your way around Hyrule doing random things to find the maker (All of this is occuring after you defeated Ganondorf) and then you fianlly locate the maker - IT'S BIGGORON!!

You show him the Master sword and the "Diamondforce" which he exclaims, WOW!!! And, over the many many years (The Hero of time is nearing his death, but Biggoron is still alive), he has refined his techniques.

And so he makes the "Corny Named Sword" using the powers from both.

From here you travel back into the future and discover, ZELDA HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED (:-O)!!!! but not by Ganondorf. So you save the princess and kill Ganondorf.

But it was just a phantom!!!

He reveals that he travelled back to the past after destroying a town, usign the Ocarina of time (he's evil), and reveals, that he is, in fact, the hero of time!!! Poisoned by the powers of Ganondorf when he was sent through the portal!!

:-O

You msut return to Hyrule and follow Ganondorf through the portal after the hero of time kills him, and kill him yet again!!

After all of this, you go back to Hyrule, and the Hero Of TIme isn't poisoned.

You go into the future and discover your town nice and healthy and stuff.

I made ALL of that up as I went along.
Still, that w3oul;d be the best adventure ever.
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:33
"fearislife"
hi everyone!
Fri 21/01/05 at 20:03
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> It was a follow-up to my previous post.
>
> Oh nad it works in a conversational way, that's how I like to post,
> stops the posts from reading as if they were written by a robot.
>
> EXACTLY!

Why're you writing in CAPS? Are you ... somesort ... of ... machine ... oh no I've worked it out.

*Runs*
Fri 21/01/05 at 20:52
Regular
"wheres lifes manual"
Hey Munn, (the guy who wrote that huge piece 'as he went along')

i have sumthin to tell u

Get Out More.......

and to the rest of u arguein about 'darkness'... MM was given an '+3' cert. in america whilst being 'dark', whereas the next Zelda has already been given a 'Teen' rating for it demos... i think this might just show its more mature nd 'darker'.
Fri 21/01/05 at 21:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
MM was pretty dark. Everyone that you meet is going to die in 3 days, and they don't even know it, and you can't tell them, and then when the moon finally does come crashing down...

It was pretty dark. Maturity of games is always associated with it's rating. Oh, and Zelda 2005 hasn't been rated by the ESRB because it hasn't even been finished yet.
Fri 21/01/05 at 21:34
Regular
MM wasn't given a 3+ rating, and just because it doesn't have blood and gore with no-headed things everywhere, doesn't mean it isn't dark.

In my opinion there isn't a game with a better atmosphere out there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.